The Adelphia Coup For Allen & Co., UBS
- Devon Towers Hit Auction Block. McCall, Margo // Wireless Week;10/14/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 37, p14
Reports that the telecommunication towers of Devon Mobile Communications LP will be auctioned on November 6, 2002 to raise money and support the bankruptcy process of the company. Amount of bid offered by Mountain Union Telecom for the towers; Effect of a scandal at Adelphia Communications on...
- ADELPHIA IN PIECES. Learmonth, Michael // Daily Variety;8/9/2004, Vol. 284 Issue 25, p6
Reports on the auction of bankrupt cable operator, Adelphia Communications Corp., in Los Angeles, California. Timetable for the completion of the sale; Decision of the company to entertain offers for individual systems; Plan of the management to maximize return to creditors.
- Beam me up, Rupert. Lowry, Brian // Variety;10/18/2004, Vol. 396 Issue 9, p17
Expresses a subscriber's feeling toward the auctioning of Adelphia Communications Corp. as part of its bankruptcy proceeding.
- Quadrangle, UBS Close to Bank Deal. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;6/28/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 26, p65
Reports on the plan of Adelphia Communications Corp. to select advisers for the possible sale of its cable assets after it filed for bankruptcy in June 2002. Firms that might be hired as advisers of the sale; Failure of Adelphia spokesman Paul Jacobson to comment on the issue; Price-range of...
- Chap. 11 looms for Adelphia. Mermigas, Diane // Electronic Media;6/17/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 24, p2
Reports the bankruptcy filing of Adelphia Communications. Negotiations with J.P. Morgan Chase & Co., Citigroup and Bank of America; Impact of filing on investors; Bankruptcy protection filed by Adelphia's subsidiaries, Adelphia Century Communications.
- Adelphia shareholders seek to block hirings. Chunovic, Louis // Electronic Media;1/13/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 2, p55
Reports on the appointment of a committee by the U.S. Bankruptcy Court to represent shareholder interests in the Adelphia Communications Corp. Chapter 11 bankruptcy proceedings. Criticism on proposed hiring of two veteran cable executives by the company; Lawsuit by the committee, to compel...
- Adelphia Subs File for Bankruptcy. // Bank Loan Report;6/24/2002, Vol. 17 Issue 25, p2
Reports that a number of subsidiaries of Adelphia Communications filed for bankruptcy protection in June 2002.
- MORE CRACKS IN ICE. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;6/24/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 25, p1
Reports on the bankruptcy of cable operation of Adelphia Communications Corp. Total loans of employees; Interest payments to bonds; List of potential buyers of the Adelphia systems.
- Locals Gird for Bankruptcy. Haugsted, Linda // Multichannel News;6/24/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 25, p1
Focuses on the concerns of city officials regarding the bankruptcy issue of Adelphia Communications Corp. in Pennsylvania. Protection of local consumers; Safety issues regarding a dangling wires in utility poles; Removal of parts of the infrastructure.