Street Readies for RNP Convention
- News guru Bloomberg at Expo. // Crain's New York Business;9/23/96, Vol. 12 Issue 39, p36
Reports on the holding of a business exposition to be held on October 24, 1996 at the New York Hilton & Towers in New York with Michael Bloomberg as keynote speaker.
- THE ELEPHANT IN THE ROOM. Smith, Chris // New York;9/6/2004, Vol. 37 Issue 30, p38
Discusses the ramifications of New York City Mayor Michael Bloombergâ€™s plans for the 2004 Republican National Convention, to be held in the city. Observation that Bloomberg is treating the convention as simply a business deal; Establishment of a positive emotional connection between...
- Mayor's budget bets on economy. // Crain's New York Business;2/25/2002, Vol. 18 Issue 8, p8
Reports the effects of the strategic planning of Mayor Michael Bloomberg on the business enterprises in New York City. Increase of the revenues; Growth of credit market; Maximization of the operating expenses.
- WEEK IN REVIEW. // Crain's New York Business;3/7/2005, Vol. 21 Issue 10, p46
The article presents information on events organized by various business enterprises in New York City. The Gates Exhibit added about $254 million to the city's economy during its 16-day run, according to Mayor Michael Bloomberg. The battle over the West Side stadium heated up. Several mayoral...
- TechSpin: Is Bloomberg Worth $22.5 Billion? Dreyfuss, Joel // Red Herring;7/17/2008, p3
The author reflects on the announcement of Michael Bloomberg, founder of the financial data company Bloomberg LP, of his interest to sell the entire company. He described Bloomberg LP as a unique news organization because it does not rely on advertising for revenue. He analyzed and commended the...
- The Other Bloomberg. Gimein, Mark // Fortune International (Europe);4/1/2002, Vol. 145 Issue 7, p57
Highlights Bloomberg LP, a company, headed by media mogul Michael Bloomberg, that sells financial information through terminals. Number of these terminals at investment banks around the world; Other divisions of the company, including magazines, a news radio network, and financial cable...
- City takes national stage. Macbride, Elizabeth // Crain's New York Business;12/24/2007, Vol. 23 Issue 52, p3
The article presents the author's comments on various political and other happenings in New York City. The author says that the city's mayor Michael R. Bloomberg has thrust New York into national debates. According to him, it's Wall Street's wealth that has again made New York of primary...
- Convention Blues: Retailers Lament GOP Disruptions. Zmuda, Natalie // FN: Footwear News;9/6/2004, Vol. 60 Issue 35, p1
Reports on the sales performance of footwear retailers in New York City during the Republican National Convention held at the Madison Square Garden, on August 30 to September 2, 2004. Slow customer traffic experienced by retailers located in the area surrounding the Madison Square Garden;...
- The Blue-State Convention Slate. Jeffrey, Terence // Human Events;7/5/2004, Vol. 60 Issue 23, p4
Profiles some of the prime-time speakers for the August 2004 Republican convention in New York. Attitude of former Georgia governor Zell Miller as a speaker; Information on the campaign finance law authored by Arizona senator John McCain; Campaign policy of New York mayor Michael Bloomberg.