The Impact of Emphatic Stress on Novel Word Learning by Children With Specific Language Impairment
- Understanding stress. Lamb, Lawrence E. // Joe Weider's Muscle & Fitness;Jul93, Vol. 54 Issue 7, p77
Warns not to use stress as an explanation for every illness. Medical history; Assumption; Positive attitude toward stress.
- Stress and the forgetfulness of age. // Discover;May96, Vol. 17 Issue 5, p28
Reports on the effect of stress on memory. Effect of long-term exposure to cortisol on memory-forming neurons; Study of elderly people; Implications.
- Psychological stress, exercise and immunity. Hornig, Mady; Perna, F.M.; Schneiderman, N.; LaPerriere, A. // Advances in Mind-Body Medicine;Winter2000, Vol. 16 Issue 1, p49
Presents an abstract of the article 'Psychological Stress, Exercise and Immunity,' by F.M. Perna, N. Schneiderman and A. LaPerriere published in the 1997 issue of 'Sports Medicine'.
- Stress-induced modulation of immunity: Animal models and human implications. Moynihan, Jan // Advances: The Journal of Mind-Body Health;Fall94, Vol. 10 Issue 4, p23
Examines stress-induced modulation of immunity using animal models. Categories of variables that influence an immune response to stress; Handling and changes in immune function and tumor metastasis; Physical stressors and changes in viral-specific immunity; Pheromone-induced changes in...
- Stresses as Perceived by Children with Physical Disabilities and their Mothers. Tuckett, Patricia; Kerr, Nancy; Helmstadter, Gerald // Journal of Rehabilitation;Jul-Sep90, Vol. 56 Issue 3
Examines the stresses child experiences magnitude of discomfort associated with each stress. Consideration on the findings enunciated by field theorist; Specification of events level of stress inhibitors; Assessment of Psychologist to mothers on stress management.
- Memories are made of stress. // Consumer Reports on Health;Sep95, Vol. 7 Issue 9, p101
Reveals the link between memories to stress hormones. Storage of emotionally charged memories.
- Stress BUSTERS. Sonnenburg, Beth // Joe Weider's Muscle & Fitness;Nov2000, Vol. 61 Issue 11, p103
Gives advice on stress reduction. Nature of stress; How to identify the causes of stress; Benefits of exercise and physical fitness; Negative and positive coping mechanisms for stress.
- Stress and the Normal Aviator. Neubauer, Jay C. // Flying Safety;Jun99, Vol. 55 Issue 6, p10
Presents information about the effects of stress on aviators. Details on flight mishap reports mentioning stress; Implications of stress to aviators; Two parts to the issue of stress management; List of signs of stress.
- `Stress cycle' takes toll on busy execs, their family and friends. McDonald, Bob M.; Hutcheson, Don // Business Press;12/19/97, Vol. 10 Issue 34, p13
Part II. Focuses on the concept of `Stress Cycle' which is an inevitable byproduct of the Lemming Conspiracy, a psychological construct which illustrates how a person's system's goal differs with the person's goals. Recapitulation of the concept of Lemming Conspiracy; Description of the Stress...