FO Processing and the Separation of Competing Speech Signals by Listeners With Normal Hearing and
- Comparison Between Clinician-Assisted and Fully Automated Procedures for Obtaining a Voice Range Profile. Titze, Ingo R.; Wong, Darrell // Journal of Speech & Hearing Research;Jun95, Vol. 38 Issue 3, p526
Presents a comparison between clinician-assisted and fully automated procedures for obtaining a voice range profile. Study of ten men and ten women with normal voices; Results indicating that there is no preference for the use of either method.
- Abstracts of recent literature. Edelstein, Joan E.; Schein, Jerome D. // Journal of Rehabilitation Research & Development;Winter90, Vol. 27 Issue 1, p62
Presents an abstract of the study `A Voice Accumulator--Validation and Application,' by A.C. Ohlsson, O. Brink and A. Lofqvist, published in the `Journal of Speech and Hearing Research' in 1989.
- Testing the POTS portion of ADSL. D'Antonio, Renato // Communications News;Sep2000, Vol. 37 Issue 9, p108
Looks at several measurement techniques and testing specifications for voice frequency (VF) dedicated communication lines in the United States. Causes of signal distortion and degradation in VF lines; Range of frequencies used in the gain/slope frequency response test; How the signal-to-noise...
- Fundamental Frequency Variation With an Electrolarynx Improves Speech Understanding: A Case Study. Watson, Peter J.; Schlauch, Robert S. // American Journal of Speech-Language Pathology;May2009, Vol. 18 Issue 2, p162
Purpose: This study examined the effect of fundamental frequency (F0) variation on the intelligibility of speech in an alaryngeal talker who used an electrolarynx (EL). Method: One experienced alaryngeal talker produced variable F0 and a constant F0 with his EL as he read sentences aloud. As a...
- A homomorphic method for measuring secondary amplitude modulation. Qi, Yingyong // Journal of Speech & Hearing Research;Aug94, Vol. 37 Issue 4, p800
Describes a software implemented homomorphic processing method for measuring secondary amplitude modulation (AM). Test of a series of synthetically produced AM and vowel signals; Accuracy of measurement of voice modulation frequency and index.
- Speaking-Rate-Induced Variability in F2 Trajectories. Tjaden, Kris; Weismer, Gary // Journal of Speech, Language & Hearing Research;Oct1998, Vol. 41 Issue 5, p976
Presents the study which examined speaking-rate-induced spectral and temporal variability of F2 format trajectories for target words produced in a carrier phrase at speakig rates ranging from fast to slow. Methods used on the study; Results; F2 onset frequency as an acoustic index of gesture...
- Back-and-Forth Methodology for Objective Voice Quality Assessment: From/to Expert Knowledge to/from Automatic Classification of Dysphonia. Fredouille, Corinne; Pouchoulin, Gilles; Ghio, Alain; Revis, Joana; Bonastre, Jean-François; Giovanni, Antoine // EURASIP Journal on Advances in Signal Processing;2009, Special section p1
This paper addresses voice disorder assessment. It proposes an original back-and-forth methodology involving an automatic classification system as well as knowledge of the human experts (machine learning experts, phoneticians, and pathologists). The goal of this methodology is to bring a better...
- CEPSTRAL-BASED SPEAKER RECOGNITION. Iulia-Monica, BalŤoi; Andreea-Maria, Toderean; Adrian, Sterca // Studia Universitatis Babes-Bolyai, Informatica;Jun2012, Vol. 57 Issue 2, p43
This paper presents a simple speaker identification and classification algorithm. The algorithm uses features from the frequency domain and simple Euclidian distance for comparison. More specifically, the features for each voice sample are 5 pitch estimators constructed using cepstral...
- ACOUSTICAL CHARACTERISTICS OF SENTENTIAL FOCUS: NARROW vs. BROAD AND SINGLE vs. DUAL FOCUS ENVIRONMENTS. Eady, Stephen J.; Cooper, William E.; Klouda, Gayle V.; Mueller, Pamela R.; Lotts, Dan W. // Language & Speech;Jul-Sep86, Vol. 29 Issue 3, p233
Determines the effects of two types of sentence focus distinction on intonational attributes of fundamental voice frequency and duration. Conduction of an acoustical analysis of speech production; Difference between the single and dual focus sentences; Examination of the acoustical patterns of...