West Virginia Housing Fund Board Rejects Bonds for Proposed Hotel
- Ohio Voters OK $2B for Jobs, Infrastructure; Detroit Mayor Re-Elected. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;11/10/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32257, p36
Reports on the approval of up to two billion dollars of state bonds for jobs and local infrastructure programs by the voters in Ohio. Comprehension of the importance of traditional infrastructure and investment in research to the state's economy; Facilitation of roads and water initiatives;...
- District of Columbia to Issue $95M for Development in Six Neighborhoods. Schroeder, Peter // Bond Buyer;1/30/2008, Vol. 363 Issue 32805, p3
The article announces that the District of Columbia will issue more than $95 million bonds for further developments in six district neighborhoods in Washington. According to Mayor Adrian Fenty that the primary purpose of the bond issuance is to promote economic development across the district....
- Go tourism. // Caribbean Business;5/20/2004, Vol. 32 Issue 22, p26
Focuses on the impact of the tourism industry on the economy in Puerto Rico. Creation of job; Assessment of the gross domestic product; Development of resort hotels.
- Bonding to Shave the Budget and Grow Jobs. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;3/21/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32094, Special section p40
Reports on the preparation for additional bond issuance in the effort of Governor Jennifer Granholm to boost the economy and create jobs in Michigan. Budget proposal including the introduction of Medicaid provider tax, an increase in liquor license fees and the rollback of nine tax exemptions;...
- America's Financial Mess. McKinnon, Ronald I. // International Economy;Fall2004, Vol. 18 Issue 4, p36
This article focuses on the financial situation in the U.S. For four decades, employment in U.S. manufacturing as a share of the labor force has fallen further and faster than in other industrial countries. In the mid-1960s, manufacturing output was 27 percent of GNP and its share of employment...
- MEMBERS OF HOUSE ENERGY ACTION TEAM PARTICIPATE IN ENERGY AND JOBS TOUR. // TIPRO Target Newsletter;5/31/2012, Vol. 15 Issue 11, p2
The article focuses on the 2012 American Energy and Jobs Tour event held in Texas on May 24, 2012 which aimed at increasing economic growth and creating jobs in the state.
- Economic freedom, not government favoritism, brings jobs. Carrington // Grand Rapids Business Journal;01/03/2000, Vol. 18 Issue 1, p4
Focuses on common myths about economic development that should be dispensed in order to implement the `fair field and no favors' approach in serving businesses. Creation of jobs by the government; Companies' acceptance of tax credits or subsidies to locate or expand in Michigan to prove that...
- Job creation: A classic win-win situation. Mickelson, George // Fedgazette;Oct91, Vol. 3 Issue 3, p14
Presents the South Dakota's involvement in economic development by using the taxpayers dollar in helping companies create jobs. Economic development strategies set by the author in 1987 as the governor of the state; Percentage increase of South Dakota's manufacturing jobs compared to that of the...
- Business is better for women in Texas. // Wilson County News;5/21/2014, Vol. 41 Issue 21, p8A
The article focuses on the report released by the American Express Co. which shows that Texas is one of the best states in the nation in terms of job creation and economic success.