THE TRADING FLOOR
- THE TRADING FLOOR. Walker, Susanne // Bond Buyer;6/10/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31653, p6
This article presents information about personnel changes in insurance companies and in the United States as of June 10, 2003. A few weeks after the departure of the head of the senior-living group in UBS Financial Services' Richmond, Virginia office, the rest of the health care group has also...
- New York City Plans $650M Fixed-Rate Sale. O'Brien, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;5/4/2005, Vol. 352 Issue 32125, p32
The article reports that New York City plans to sell $650 million of tax-exempt, fixed-rate bonds later this month in one of the Big Apple's frequent general obligation bond sales. It is reported that Bear, Stearns & Co. will price the deal on May 18, 2005. Citigroup Global Markets Inc., Morgan...
- N.Y.C. Prepares to Sell $850M Of Fixed-Rate Refunding GOs. O'Brien, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;12/5/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32271, p3
The article reports on the sell of fixed-rate, general obligation refunding bonds by New York City on December 14, 2005. The bonds will have a two-day retail order period beginning December 12, 2005. Lehman Brothers is book-running senior manager on the sale. Bear Stearns & Co. Inc., Citigroup...
- Whistleblower to Appeal Dismissal Of Six Illinois Yield-Burning Cases. // Bond Buyer;8/22/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31704, p1
Reports that a lawyer Clint Krislov has filed a case on behalf of taxpayers and Illinois issuers to state Supreme Court regarding a lower court judge's dismissal of six yield-burning cases against UBS Financial Services and Bear, Stearns & Co. for their respective work on an Illinois deal and a...
- Maine Replaces Quick & Reilly With Bear Stearns on Team. Piazza, Johanna // Bond Buyer;1/9/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31797, p6
Reports on the selection of UBS Financial Services Inc. to remain the senior manager for the general obligation bond sale in Maine. Replacement of Quick & Reilly Inc. by Bear, Stearns & Co. Inc. as co-senior manager; Amount underwritten by UBS in bonds sales; Introduction of a co-managing team.
- Bear Stearns Banker Exits. Shields, Yvette; Resnick, Amy B. // Bond Buyer;7/15/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31926, p1
Reports on the resignation of P. Nicholas Hurtgen, the manager of Bear, Stearns and Co. Inc. in Chicago, Illinois. Details of the federal whistleblower's lawsuit accusing Hurtgen of shaking down a hospital client in exchange for regulatory approval for a new facility; Career history of Hurtgen;...
- The optimist. Singer, Mark // New Yorker;04/26/99-05/03/99, Vol. 75 Issue 9, p140
Profiles the chairman of Wall Street investment firm Bear Stearns, Alan C. Greenberg. Biographical details; Career growth; Achievements; Conduct at work; Wall Street reputation; Relationship with colleagues; Recreational activities; Family life.
- Two Illinois Yield-Burning Suits Allowed. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;6/13/2005, Vol. 352 Issue 32152, p1
The article reports that in a reversal of a lower court decision, the Illinois Supreme Court upheld the rights of several state taxpayers behind a series of yield-burning lawsuits to pursue financial industry firms UBS Financial Services Inc. and Morgan Stanley & Co. Inc. for allegedly...
- ARIZONA: Top Five Rankings in 2003. // Bond Buyer;2/10/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31818, p29
Ranks the top five senior managers, issuers, financial advisers and bond counsel in Arizona in 2003. RBC Dain Rauscher; UBS Financial Services; Citigroup; Bear Stearns; Stone and Youngberg.