DOT Sets Up Credit Council to Help With Loans
- The BackPage. // Traffic World;9/26/2005, Vol. 269 Issue 39, p39
Reports global developments in the trucking industry as of September 26, 2005. Presentation of the ranking of 30 agencies in a list of Best Places to Work in the Federal Government by the Department of Transportation in the U.S.; Number of women and women stripped naked at the Port of Lyon in...
- Major Management Challenges and Program Risks: Department of Transportation: GAO-03-108. // GAO Reports;1/1/2003, p1
In its 2001 performance and accountability report on the Department of Transportation (the department), GAO identified important safety, security, acquisition, financial management, and other issues facing the department. The information GAO presents in this report is intended to help sustain...
- Transportation's Rocky Road. Ballard, Tanya N. // Government Executive;Mar2003, Vol. 35 Issue 3, p14
Focuses on the challenges to be faced by the U.S. Transportation Department in 2003. Transfer of two of its agencies to the Homeland Security Department; Budget problems faced by the Federal Aviation Administration; Compliance with the U.S. president's management agenda.
- Proposal Outlines Responsibilities of Security Agency. // JoC Week;1/7/2002, Vol. 3 Issue 1, p8
Reports on the regulation drafted by the United States Transportation Department establishing the responsibilities of the Transportation Security Administration. Terms of the regulation.
- DOT revises Web site. // Fire Engineering;Nov2001, Vol. 154 Issue 11, p42
Focuses on the changes in the Web site of the United States Department of Transportation.
- Online government. Dean, Joshua // Government Executive;Dec99, Vol. 31 Issue 12, p58
Presents the winners of the 1999 Government Technology Leadership Awards in the United States under the online government category. Includes the Docket Management System of the US Department of Transportation; Alternative electronic payments initiative of the Internal Revenue Service.
- Making a comeback. Light, Paul C. // Government Executive;Mar2000, Vol. 32 Issue 3, p100
Comments on the predicted administrative improvement at the United States Department of Transportation in the years after 2000. Factors that will contribute to the agency's transition as a high-performing organization; Identification of the problems that the department should overcome before...
- Advisory Committee for Aviation Consumer Protection. Podberesky, Samuel // Federal Register (National Archives & Records Service, Office of;9/4/2012, Vol. 77 Issue 171, p53961
The article announces that the third meeting of advisory committee of the U.S. Department of Transportation will be held on October 2, 2012 in Washington DC.
- Hazardous Transport. Ribbons, Glen // GPS World;Apr2003, Vol. 14 Issue 4, p6
Focuses on the strategy of the government to prevent terrorist attacks in the U.S. Improvement of security among air travelers; Implementation of the hazardous materials program by the Department of Transportation; Enhancement of the vehicle tracking capabilities.