New Alabama Finance Chief Pushes Spending Reform for State Agencies
- Alabama Governor Picks New Finance Director. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;7/1/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31917, p3
Reports on the appointment of Jim Main as the new finance director of Alabama. Career highlights; Replacement of Drayton Nabers by Main in the position; Expertise of Main in the fields of small business, law, and public service.
- Conferees Urge Ousters at OFHEO. Blackwell, Rob // American Banker;11/23/2004, Vol. 169 Issue 225, p4
Reports that the U.S. House and Senate appropriations bill is calling for the replacement of top Office of Federal Housing Enterprise Oversight (OFHEO) executives because of allegations in a government report that they had worked to damage Fannie Mae. How the bill would increase the OFHEO's...
- House OKs Stopgap Funding Legislation. Sanchez, Humberto // Bond Buyer;10/31/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31752, p3
Reports on the U.S. House of Representatives' approval of legislation that would continue funding federal government agencies and the District of Columbia at fiscal 2003 levels through November 7, 2003. Scope of the legislation.
- Regulators cost taxpayers ...1bn. // Public Finance;09/26/97, p3
Reports on the finding by a London School of Economics team that regulators and auditors of the British Audit Commission and National Audit Office are costing taxpayers one billion pounds a year. Doubling of spending on regulation between 1976 and 1995.
- Forsyth to carry out review of capping. // Public Finance;09/15/95, p2
Reports the plans for a review on council capping by secretary Michael Forsyth in Scotland. Promises made by Forsyth during the Institute of Revenues Rating and Valuation conference; Role of Forsyth in announcing a deregulation programme for local authorities; Opposition of Chancellor of the...
- Federal R&D in FY 2002 will have biggest percentage gain in 20 years. // Issues in Science & Technology;Spring2002, Vol. 18 Issue 3, p23
Reports on an increase in federal research and development (R & D) spending in the U.S. in fiscal year 2002. Amount of money approved by the U.S. Congress and U.S. President George W. Bush for terrorism-related R & D; R & D funding agencies that will benefit from the increase; Total federal...
- FY 2001 Spending Bills. // Parks & Recreation;Aug2000, Vol. 35 Issue 8, p2
Reports on the appropriations bills for government agencies in the United States (U.S.) for the year 2001. Amount of budget for the Department of the Interior approved by the U.S. Senate; Passage of the appropriation legislation for the Department of Commerce; Appropriations bill for the...
- Council talks public works. Gibbs Jr., William J. // Wilson County News;9/10/2014, Vol. 41 Issue 37, p2A
The article reports on the evaluation made by the Floresville City Council on the needs of the departments of the city before developing a final draft of the 2015 fiscal year budget in Texas.
- Money Crunch Ahead. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;4/20/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31866, p31
Reports on the projections of the New Mexico Legislative Finance Committee on government expenditures.