IRS Settles 6 Loan Pool Transactions
- Attorney: IRS Scrutiny Will Reduce Number of Blind Pool Deals. Barnett, Susanna Duff // Bond Buyer;9/19/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31723, p5
Reports on the impact of the scrutiny of blind bond pools by the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) on financial transactions in the U.S. Definition of blind pools; Investigation of IRS on undisclosed payments made in various transactions; Concerns of the IRS over issuers' list of potential projects.
- Ohio County Discloses Blind Pool Audit. Kinnander, Ola // Bond Buyer;2/4/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31317, p31
Reports on the disclosure by Clinton County, Ohio regarding the examination of a bond issue it sold on behalf of non-profit hospitals, for possible arbitrage violations by the U.S. Internal Revenue Service. Underwriter for the bond issue.
- Two Capital Trust Multifamily Deals May Be Taxable, IRS Says. Duff, Susanna // Bond Buyer;1/9/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31549, p1
Reports that the U.S. Internal Revenue Service (IRS) has made a decision that two bond issues totaling $350 million, sold by the Capital Trust Agency, for multifamily housing projects could be declared taxable. Deals to which notices were sent by the IRS regarding taxation; Bond issue involving...
- IRS Rules $48M of Fargo Bonds Taxable . Ferris, Craig T. // Bond Buyer;12/5/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32271, p1
The article presents information on the ruling of the U.S. Internal Revenue Service (IRS), which states that $47.8 million of advance refunding bonds issued in 1997 by Fargo, North Dakota, are taxable because the deal used an abusive yield-burning strategy. The IRS has determined that the bonds...
- IRS Checks On Arbitrage Calculation. Kinnander, Ola // Bond Buyer;11/08/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31013, p1
Reports that the United States Internal Revenue Service plans to broaden its examination of bond issuers' calculation of the arbitrage rebate they owe the government. Stringent regulation of issuers of private-activity bonds; Analysis of bond transactions for rebate purposes.
- IRS Pursues Zero-Coupon Bondholders. Kinnander, Ola // Bond Buyer;10/22/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31248, p1
Discusses U.S. Internal Revenue Service's (IRS) efforts to restrain zero-coupon bond issues that it thinks violate arbitrage rules by working with bond holders and issuers to call back the debt. Difficulties in getting the debt off the bond market; Hopes of IRS to get the debt off the market;...
- Tax Enforcement: IRS to Launch New Survey of Issuers' Rebate Compliance. Kinnander, Ola // Bond Buyer;12/06/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31279, p5
Focuses on the launch of a survey by the U.S. Internal Revenue Service regarding arbitrage rebate obligation compliance by bond issuers. Focus of the rebate compliance survey; States whose issuers were included in the survey; Issuers who have failed to compute their rebate correctly.
- Georgia School System Working to Settle Tax Dispute with IRS. Jagoda, Naomi // Bondbuyer.com;12/11/2014, p1
The article reports on the negotiation being made by the Cherokee County School System with the U.S. Internal Revenue Service (IRS) to settle a tax dispute in 2014. Topics covered include the proposal by IRS to settle the arbitrage problem in a closing agreement, the value of series 2007A and...
- Shady Deal? Participants May Face IRS. Barnett, Susanna Duff // Bond Buyer;4/14/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31862, p1
Reports on the investigation of the U.S. Internal Revenue Service on the tax-exempt bond transactions. Examination of the tax returns of participants of the deals; Focus of the agency on abusive bond transactions; Discovery of anomalies in bond transactions.