K-12 Supplemental Sales Increase 5.6% To $2B As Schools Begin Spending Again, Though Cautiously
- College IM Sales Grow Little in August. // Educational Marketer;11/7/2011, Vol. 42 Issue 22, p4
The article reports on the continuous struggle of college publishers on the year-to date net sales of textbooks which stayed in the negative side in the U.S. It notes a 3.7% to 2.93 million net sales declination through August, which publishers cite the slow enrollment as the main factor. A...
- Adoption Chances Ahead; Technology Interests Up. // Educational Marketer;1/ 4/2010, Vol. 41 Issue 1, p1
The article presents the 2010 outlook for PreK-12 textbooks and supplemental materials in the U.S. It mentions the greater opportunities from the federal level including stimulus money and Race to the Top grants for greater injections of technology in the process of learning. It explains that...
- Surge in Company-Sponsored Studies Sparks Concern. Manzo, Kathleen Kennedy // Education Week;12/6/2006, Vol. 26 Issue 14, p12
The article focuses on reports used as marketing tools by educational publishers that are filled with data designed to prove the effectiveness of their products on student achievement. Publishers are designing instructional materials, assessments, and professional development programs in...
- Net College Sales Rise 3.3% in November. // Educational Marketer;1/22/2007, Vol. 38 Issue 2, p7
The article focuses on the sales of college instructional materials in the U.S. in November 2006. Returns have grown at a faster pace than gross sales of these materials during the period. College publishers have maintained a 3.1% increase in net sales through the 11 months of the year. Gross...
- U.S. K-12 Instructional Material Sales Climb 17.9% In May. // Educational Marketer;7/19/2004, Vol. 35 Issue 21, p7
Reports on the sales in the total basal textbook and supplemental sales of K-12 publishers in the U.S. Prognosis of a decline in industry sales for 2004; Increase of textbook sales; Description of sales of supplemental materials.
- News Briefs ï¿½. // Educational Marketer;11/20/2006, Vol. 37 Issue 33, p8
The article offers news briefs related to educational publishing in the U.S. McGraw-Hill Education teamed up with the University of Wisconsin Madison to provide its educational media content in the school's iTunesU site. Sundance/Newbridge Educational Publishing released "Visual Vocabulary...
- Digital Adoptions Continue Growing--Slowly. // Educational Marketer;6/23/2008, Vol. 39 Issue 13, p3
The article reports on the growth of digital delivery of educational materials in the U.S. It mentions that educational publishers in the country are seeking ways to advance the digital delivery of instructional materials in the country. Richard Casabonne, chief executive officer (CEO) of...
- FREE Catalog of New 1990-91 Material. // Education Week;1/30/1991, Vol. 10 Issue 19, p28
The article presents information on an educational catalog from Kentucky School Service. The catalog contains new material from leading educational manufacturers in easy-to-scan brochure.
- Habits of Mind Instructional Videos. // Language Magazine;Sep2014, Vol. 14 Issue 1, p27
The article reports the collaboration of WonderGrove Studios with the Institute for Habits of Mind to produce a series of instructional animations based on the 16 Habits of Mind developed by Dr. Art Costa, former national president of the Association of Supervision and Curriculum Development.