People In The News
- Ex-publisher rolls dice. Flamm, Matthew // Crain's New York Business;12/19/2005, Vol. 21 Issue 51, p33
The article presents information on Laurence Kirshbaum's experiences of running the Time Warner Book Group Inc. as chairman and chief executive. He realized that he'd rather be a novice literary agent than the chairman and chief executive of a $400 million division of the world's largest media...
- Amazon Knows the Medium Doesn't Matter. WELLY, KINLEY // EContent;Oct2011, Vol. 34 Issue 8, p8
The article discusses ebook publisher Amazon's foraying further into print publishing in October 2011 despite its statement released earlier in the year that ebooks are outselling print books on Amazon.com. Authors and analysts reportedly agree with Amazon's goal to connect the customer with...
- Parker Leaving Warner Books. // Publishers Weekly;10/19/1998, Vol. 245 Issue 42, p10
Reports that Mel Parker will leave Warner Books in October, 1998. Comments from Warner's Laurence J. Kirshbaum; Parker's role as publisher; His experience before working at Warner.
- Laurence KIRSHBAUM. // Entertainment Weekly;
Profiles Laurence Kirshbaum, chairman of Time Warner Trade Publishing company.
- United States Book Publishing. // Book Publishing Industry Profile: United States;2002, pN.PAG
Presents a profile of the book publishing industry in the United States. Background on Datamonitor, a business information company specializing in industry analysis; Executive summary of the industry; Market overview; Market value; Market segmentation; Competitive landscape; Leading companies...
- Publishing in China. McGowan, Ian // Publishing Research Quarterly;Spring99, Vol. 15 Issue 1, p20
Discusses the structure of the publishing industry in the People's Republic of China. Number of publishing houses in China in 1979; Function of the publishing; Information on Chinese copyright legislation.
- The Studio Model: Should Publishing Follow Hollywood's Approach to the Creative Process? Lichtenberg, James // Publishing Research Quarterly;Fall99, Vol. 15 Issue 3, p46
Examines whether there are ways of organizing the creative processes in book publishing that would be effective in terms of the quality of the product. Problems that the studio model faces; Factor that determines the best approach to a market; Advantages of the use of book packagers to...
- Textbook Publishing in Kenya Under a New Policy on School Textbook Procurement. Rotich, Daniel Chebutuk // Publishing Research Quarterly;Summer2000, Vol. 16 Issue 2, p60
This article will address the implications for textbook publishing in Kenya under a new policy on textbook procurement. The new policy was launched in September 1998. The main aim of the policy was to transform a largely government run publishing system by liberalising the textbook market...
- Caribbean Book Publishers Organize. Taylor, Sally // Publishers Weekly;07/31/2000, Vol. 247 Issue 31, p17
Reports on the creation of Caribbean Publishers Network (CAPNET) by book publishers of the greater Caribbean region. What inspired CAPNET; Expectation of appointed CAPNET President Ian Randle; Parties interested in funding CAPNET.