Publishers Reap Rewards From Motion Picture Tie-Ins
- Tie Ins Always Risky Often Rewarding. Raugust, Karen // Publishers Weekly;12/12/2011, Vol. 258 Issue 50, p33
The article discusses the tie-ins between motion picture and publishers for book-based motion pictures. It is stated that the studio's marketing clout is one the drawbacks of licensing a movie property. It is noted that those book titles that are associated with the broadest merchandising...
- Tie-in Trends. Maas, John-Michael // Publishers Weekly;12/16/2002, Vol. 249 Issue 50, p24
Discusses market trends in tie-ins between publishers and motion picture industry in the U.S. as of December 2002. Attitude of literary readers toward tie-ins; Examples of tie-in agreement; Rise of dual editions. INSET: The Art of Stealing Attention.
- News Briefs. // Book Publishing Report;
Reports on developments in the book industry in the U.S. as of August 16, 2004. Highlights of the Asian Pacific Publishers Association publishing forum; Purchase of the interactive licensing rights for the Hardy Boys by Her Interactive Inc. from Simon & Schuster's publishing division; Decision...
- In Italian Publishing, Caution Prevails. Hoch, Francis // Publishers Weekly;3/30/2015, Vol. 262 Issue 13, p35
The article focuses on the decline in sales within the Italian publishing industry in 2015, the difficulty publishers face in marketing books to bookstores, and the success of books that have film tie-ins.
- Response to the In Focus Dossier on the British Film Institute. LOCKETT, ANDREW; WHITE, ROB // Cinema Journal;Spring2009, Vol. 48 Issue 3, p102
The article presents a response to articles in a previous issue of the journal on publications of the British Film Institute (BFI). The authors comment that the articles neglect a period between 1997 and 2005 during which they were employed at BFI Publishing, the institute's publishing firm, and...
- TIE INS. // Quill & Quire;Sep96, Vol. 62 Issue 9, p16
Presents several media tie-ins released or yet to be released as of September 1996. Premiere of David Cronenberg's science-fiction movie 'Crash' at the Toronto International Film Festival; Film based on David Mamet's play 'American Buffalo;' Television tie-in for Flashback, a Star Trek: Voyager...
- Game biz cools on movie tie-ins. Fritz, Ben // Variety;9/18/2006, Vol. 404 Issue 5, p10
This article reports on the trends within the video game industry. Video game publishers have been cutting back on licenses as they make fewer games and focus more on original properties. Several major motion pictures with video game tie-ins, include Mission: Impossible III, Zoom, Miami Vice and...
- Slj/COMING ATTRACTIONS: MEDIA TIE-INS. Harman, Ella J.; Gerhardt, Lillian N. // School Library Journal;Apr80, Vol. 26 Issue 8, p130
Presents information on books with television and movie tie-ins in the United States as of 1980. 'Beulah Land' with National Broadcasting Corp.; 'The Chrisholms II' with CBS Inc.; 'Disraeli: Portrait of a Romantic' with Public Broadcasting Service.
- Wide Angle Tie-ins. Maas, John-Michael // Publishers Weekly;4/21/2003, Vol. 250 Issue 16, p17
Deals with books tied-in to popular television programs in the U.S. Description of the popular culture in 2003; Information on contemporary television tie-ins; Details on the sales of popular tie-ins. INSETS: Official Sopranos Tie-in Launches New Press;TV Tie-ins: April-August 2003.