Prolong those tans
- GOOD WEEK BAD WEEK. // Cabinet Maker;5/13/2005, Issue 5438, p31
Reports on updates in the furniture industry in Great Britain.
- Hidden agenda. Baum, Stephanie // Cabinet Maker;5/13/2005, Issue 5438, p16
Features various storage furnitures in Great Britain. Description of W, Schillig's storage footstool; Distinct features of CDiva's Kombod CD and DVD storage system designed by Claude Divanach; Usability of Artenciel's Paris-Tokyo coffee table.
- Festive joy for online sales. // Cabinet Maker;1/27/2006, Issue 5473, p10
The article reports on the rise of homeware sales by 8.1 percent in December 2005 compared to the same period in 2004 in Great Britain. The rise has coincided with rocketing online sales over Christmas. The Office for National Statistics has shown 5.2 percent in homeware items in December...
- Shop window. // Cabinet Maker;5/21/2004, Issue 5389, p10
Features furniture and house furnishings available in Great Britain. Kitchen furniture from Burbidge; Rattan chairs from Kiani's Pacific collection; Skopos Zodiac collection; White & Newton's Elm Grove dining collection.
- Retail Intelligence. Kidd, Andrew // Cabinet Maker;11/5/2004, Issue 5413, p14
Provides statistics related to furniture sales in September 2004 in Great Britain. Comparison of the August and September sales; Living cabinet; Bedroom cabinet; Upholstery; Beds.
- A treasure house of unusual items. Lieberman, Lisa // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;3/12/2004, Issue 323216, p17
Features the Pelican's Treasures, a specialty gift store that sell unusual items, owned by Tim Parker and Miguel Martinez in Fresno, California. Partner's history of selling; Goals of the partners; Sales offices; Items offered; Challenges of furniture stores.
- Behind the Design. Pantaleo, Susan // Furniture/Today;6/26/2006, Vol. 30 Issue 41, p62
The article highlights trends in home furnishings in the United States citing the link between fashion and furniture design. Bob Maricich, president and chief executive of Century Furniture emphasized the popularity of handbag design which can influence furniture design. Shell charms, corals and...
- Home office, entertainment feeding the urge to merge. Russell, Thomas // Furniture/Today;11/28/2005, Vol. 30 Issue 12, p32
The article focuses on the trend towards merger of home office and entertainment in the U.S. furniture market. This is evidenced by the latest products featured at the October 2005 market in High Point, North Carolina. An example at the market was Jesper 1000, a traditionally-styled line of...
- DreamHome opens in Chicago. // Furniture/Today;10/17/2005, Vol. 30 Issue 7, p96
Reports that DreamHome, the Design House has opened at the Merchandise Mart Design Center in the U.S. Features of the nine-room DreamHome; Objective of the Merchandise Mart Design Center's showrooms; List of the designers who work for the DreamHome.