Brothers in business
- Portsmouth sighted. // Cabinet Maker;8/01/2003, Issue 5349, p7
Reports on the relocation of furniture retailer Haskers in London, England. Citation of the complicated layout of the original store; Size of space leased; Advantage for customers.
- Stork Land knows its customers. Kitchen, Jane // Kids Today;Sep2005, p32
Reports on the success of the family-owned Stork Land, the retailer of juvenile furniture, bedding, accessories and clothing in the U.S. Knowledge about the customer base; Major furniture vendors; Establishment of partnership with manufacturers; Motivation of employees to satisfy their clients.
- Pilgrim plans third store. // Furniture/Today;12/21/2009, Vol. 34 Issue 16, p30
The article reports on the development of the third retail store of family-owned business Pilgrim Furniture City in Manchester, Connecticut in 2009. It mentions that the company will renovate a 72,000-square-foot-retail space in a shopping plaza and the store will feature an open showroom...
- Parker Furniture puts fun into shopping. Edmonds, Tom // Furniture/Today;07/24/2000, Vol. 24 Issue 45, p2
Features Oregon-based family business Parker Furniture. Operation of three stores; Growth; Sales; Family members involved in the business.
- Broyhill adds Colorado store. // Furniture/Today;9/12/2005, Vol. 30 Issue 2, p26
Reports on the opening of a Broyhill Home Collections furniture store in Aurora, Colorado. Total area of the family-owned business; Inclusion of the newly renovated store in the city's community development program; Operation of Broyhill as a division of Furniture Brands International Inc.
- HG Scadgell. // Cabinet Maker;1/20/2006, Issue 5472, p61
The article features the HG Scadgell furniture store in Worthing, England. Proprietor John Scadgell recalls the time his grandfather arrived in the town and established the family business. According to Scadgell, the store caters to the middle and better end of the market. He also comments on...
- Poland. // Cabinet Maker;1/20/2006, Issue 5472, p62
The article features the Polands furniture store in Worthing, England. The store is celebrating its 120th anniversary in 2006. Proprietor David Poland explains his plan to document the history of the family-owned store. He recalls how he came into the business after working as a trainee at...
- Allen Wayside Furniture opens Ekornes Stressless Zone in N.H. // Furniture/Today;11/13/2006, Vol. 31 Issue 10, p24
The article reports that Allen Wayside Furniture, a family-owned furniture company, has opened an Ekorness Stressless Zone gallery in its store in Portsmouth, New Hampshire. The gallery occupies a 1,500-square-foot space in the estimated 40,000 square feet store. Allen Wayside also owns the Big...
- Changing face of furniture. Gay, Alison // Cabinet Maker;2/4/2005, Issue 5424, p9
The article discusses the challenges facing the furniture industry and trade. According to the author, it will be interesting to see how the furniture industry evolves in future given its reliance on the independent retail sector till now. While many independent businesses are feeling the...