Brothers in business
- Portsmouth sighted. // Cabinet Maker;8/01/2003, Issue 5349, p7
Reports on the relocation of furniture retailer Haskers in London, England. Citation of the complicated layout of the original store; Size of space leased; Advantage for customers.
- Good Price, Best Brands. // Retail Merchandiser;Jul/Aug2011, Vol. 51 Issue 4, p58
The article provides information on family-owned Flemington Department Store. Its flagship store in New Jersey is 69,000 square feet and was founded in 1963. Some of the popular brands offered in its furniture department include Flexsteel, Stanley Furniture, and Hooker Furniture. Its Web site,...
- Poland. // Cabinet Maker;1/20/2006, Issue 5472, p62
The article features the Polands furniture store in Worthing, England. The store is celebrating its 120th anniversary in 2006. Proprietor David Poland explains his plan to document the history of the family-owned store. He recalls how he came into the business after working as a trainee at...
- Changing face of furniture. Gay, Alison // Cabinet Maker;2/4/2005, Issue 5424, p9
The article discusses the challenges facing the furniture industry and trade. According to the author, it will be interesting to see how the furniture industry evolves in future given its reliance on the independent retail sector till now. While many independent businesses are feeling the...
- Kornmeyer's sets new look, new products. Engel, Clint // Furniture/Today;10/10/2005, Vol. 30 Issue 6, p78
Reports on the expansion of the store of Kornmeyer's Furniture Co. in Baton Rouge, Louisiana. Decision of the family-owned business to broaden its assortment with more popular, contemporary, and transitional styles; Change of the store's name to Kornmeyer's HomeSmart; Inclusion of an attached,...
- Stork Land knows its customers. Kitchen, Jane // Kids Today;Sep2005, p32
Reports on the success of the family-owned Stork Land, the retailer of juvenile furniture, bedding, accessories and clothing in the U.S. Knowledge about the customer base; Major furniture vendors; Establishment of partnership with manufacturers; Motivation of employees to satisfy their clients.
- Pilgrim plans third store. // Furniture/Today;12/21/2009, Vol. 34 Issue 16, p30
The article reports on the development of the third retail store of family-owned business Pilgrim Furniture City in Manchester, Connecticut in 2009. It mentions that the company will renovate a 72,000-square-foot-retail space in a shopping plaza and the store will feature an open showroom...
- Parker Furniture puts fun into shopping. Edmonds, Tom // Furniture/Today;07/24/2000, Vol. 24 Issue 45, p2
Features Oregon-based family business Parker Furniture. Operation of three stores; Growth; Sales; Family members involved in the business.
- Broyhill adds Colorado store. // Furniture/Today;9/12/2005, Vol. 30 Issue 2, p26
Reports on the opening of a Broyhill Home Collections furniture store in Aurora, Colorado. Total area of the family-owned business; Inclusion of the newly renovated store in the city's community development program; Operation of Broyhill as a division of Furniture Brands International Inc.