A return to sales growth?
- Casual Retailers Turn to Holiday to Boost 4th Quarter Sales. // Casual Living;Nov2009, Vol. 49 Issue 11, p29
The article reports on the move of casual furniture retailers in the U.S. to take advantage of the holiday season to boost sales. It states that the four floors at AmericasMart are devoted to merchandise which will fit nearly any theme. According to Debbie Stegman, owner of three Patio & Hearth...
- Canadian retailers still cautious. Knell, Michael J. // Furniture/Today;1/10/2005, Vol. 29 Issue 18, p1
Reports on the trend among furniture retailers to establish operations in Canada. Caution expressed by the retailers regarding their prospects for 2005; Factors affecting the furniture retail trade; Challenges faced by the industry.
- Tabletop Serves Up Sales. // Casual Living;Nov2009, Vol. 49 Issue 11, p30
The article reports on the move of savvy casual furniture retailers to capitalize on the U.S. citizens' love of living and entertaining outdoors by accessorizing their products. It states that nearly 54% of stores included in the 100 Powerhouse Retailers of "Casual Living" mentioned that they...
- Furniture TV blitz grabs top brand slots. // Cabinet Maker;7/9/2004, Issue 5396, p4
Reports that furniture and furnishings retailers scored as three of the top four most advertised brands on TV in Great Britain. B&Q; DFS; Homebase.
- Orpington/Bromley. // Cabinet Maker;6/24/2005, Issue 5444, p30
Examines the furniture stores in Orpington, London, England, and concludes that this busy and affluent commuter town is a good location for furniture retailers. Ethan Allen; Furniture Village; MFI; Thornburrow and Co.; Harveys.
- Undercover in Slough. // Cabinet Maker;9/10/2004, Issue 5405, p15
Evaluates several furniture stores in Slough, England. Joysleep; Furnitureland; Land of Leather; RA Carpets and Furniture; Criteria used in the evaluation. INSETS: Untitled;Who gets the business?.
- Undercover in Peterborough. // Cabinet Maker;7/9/2004, Issue 5396, p14
Features furniture stores in Peterborough, England. Furniture Village; Multiyork; Courts; Furnitureland.
- Store Openings. // Furniture/Today;3/17/2008, Vol. 32 Issue 28, p28
The article reports on furniture store openings in the U.S. as of March 17, 2008. Hastens has opened a store on Beverly Boulevard in California. Retailers Heidi and Andy Jarski have opened a store featuring products from Shadow Mountain. Carls Patio has opened two showrooms in Florida and...
- "Things ain't what they used to be". Gordon, Gary // Housewares;May/Jun2006, Issue 198, p43
The article discusses factors affecting the market performance of retailers and suppliers in the houseware industry in Great Britain. The proliferation of online shops has affected the sales of many retailers. Furthermore, Great Britain is one of the most expensive country to rent a shop....