- S&P: Governments Need to Focus on OPEBs Now. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;2/1/2008, Vol. 363 Issue 32807, p5
The article reports that financial analysts in Standard & Poor's Corp. suggest that state and local governments in the U.S. should focus on other post-employment and health care benefit liabilities to prevent a credit risk for the coming years. Analyst Peter Block state that there could be some...
- Budget, Economy Woes Prompt S&P to Drop Kentucky Rating. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;10/10/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31489, p1
Reports the downgrading of issuer credit rating of Kentucky by Standard and Poor's. Failure to adopt a budget into the fiscal year; Usage of one-time revenues and reserves to address shortfalls; Operation without adopted legislative budget.
- S&P Lowers West New York, N.J., to BB From BBB-Minus Over Budget. Kaske, Michelle // Bond Buyer;3/25/2009, Vol. 367 Issue 33086, p4
The article reports on the lowering of West New York's rating by the Standard & Poor's Corp. (S&P) in New Jersey in 2009. S&P has dropped the town's rating from BBB-minus to BB, as the muncipality has yet to acquire a budget for fiscal 2009, which ends June 30. To help increase about $40.6...
- S&P lowers outlook on reform delays. // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;10/17/2003, Vol. 47 Issue 42, p24
Reports on the decision of Standard & Poor's to lower its outlook on the sovereign ratings of Lebanon to stable from positive. Significance of the outlook revision; Proposed budget for 2004; Factors that will influence a rating improvement.
- Puerto Rico Infrastructure Financing Authority Lowered To 'B-'. // Bondbuyer.com;2/27/2015, p42
The article reports the move by Standard & Poor's (S&P) Ratings Services as of late February 2015 to downgrade its rating on Puerto Rico Infrastructure Financing Authority's series 2011B and 2011C revenue bonds to B-minus from BB-minus.
- Littleton, Mass., S&P Outlook Negative. // Bond Buyer;5/11/2005, Vol. 352 Issue 32130, p2
The article reports that Standard & Poor's Corp. said it revised its outlook on the rating on Littleton, Massachusetts, general obligation debt outstanding to negative from stable based on the town's deteriorated financial position due to poor operating results and the drawdown of reserves to...
- MICHIGAN: S&P Warns of Downgrade. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;3/14/2007, Vol. 359 Issue 32586, p9
The article reports that Standard & Poor's Corp. has warned lawmakers to act during the legislative session regarding the potential downgrade of state budget in Michigan. According to the report, Michigan received AA rating and the only state with a negative outlook from the rating agency....
- Puerto Rico To Refund $1 Billion. D'Ambrosio, Gillian // Bond Buyer;4/15/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31615, p1
The government of Puerto Rico has decided to price $ 1 billion in triple-tax-exempt refunding bonds, following the decision of rating agency Standard & Poor's Corp. to take the commonwealth off credit watch and assigned a negative outlook to its A-minus rating. Concerns over the pace of...
- Standard & Poor's Report Sees Continued Rise in TIF Bond Issuance. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;2/24/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32326, p3
The article reports on the rise of tax-increment financing (TIF) bond issuance in the United States. This will be due to the eagerness of local governments to fund projects with TIF. The real estate market that generates the tax revenue needed to service the bonds remain strong according to a...