Meeting on Transportation Measure Delayed at House Request
- Highway's TEA-21 revisited. // International Construction;Sep2004, Vol. 43 Issue 7, p17
Explores the status of the re-authorization of the Transportation Equity Act for the 21st Century (TEA-21) in the United States. Suspension of discussion on the re-authorization of TEA-21; Amount recommended for the federal surface transportation investment program; Impact of growing fiscal...
- Panel Discussion: Alternative Tax Policies for the Future in Light of the Current Economic and Budget Outlook. Steurle, C. Eugene // Journal of Accounting, Auditing & Finance;Summer89, Vol. 4 Issue 3, p404
In summary, there are no longer available those automatic sources of funds that paid for past changes in priorities, including expansion of various domestic expenditure programs. In this new world, trade-offs are much more explicit and, at least for the time being, have appeared much harder to...
- Fiscal and structural indicators. // OECD Economic Surveys: Sweden;Aug1999, Vol. 1999 Issue 18, p167
Presents charts of the fiscal and structural indicators of Sweden. Structure of expenditure and receipts; Budget indicators of the general government; Tax rates.
- The Budget: it's a political document. Gill, John // Chartered Accountants Journal;Jun2006, Vol. 85 Issue 5, p11
The article examines the purposes of the New Zealand government's annual budget. According to the article, the goals of the government's budget include to act as a business unit bid document, to be a business unit expenditure control tool and to justify the collection of tax from individuals and...
- Expect the Poor to take it on the chin. Scarry, Donald M. // njbiz;1/19/2004, Vol. 17 Issue 3, p14
Discusses the budget difficulties in New Jersey for fiscal 2005. Forecast on the increase in the state's taxes; Prediction on public expenditures; Programs that aid the poor in the state.
- Budget Receipts by Source, Fiscal Year to Date, 2003-2004. // Treasury Bulletin;Jun2004, p13
Presents a graph about the budget receipts of the U.S. federal government for fiscal 2003 and 2004. Decrease in individual income tax budget receipt in 2004; Increase in corporate income tax budget receipts in 2004.
- On-Budget and Off-Budget Receipts by Source. // Treasury Bulletin;Jun2004, p15
Presents a table about the U.S. federal government's on-budget and off-budget receipts by source for the first-quarter of fiscal 2004. Social insurance and retirement budget receipts; Individual and corporation income tax budget receipts; Old-age, disability and hospital insurance budget receipts.
- REVENUE STRUCTURE, FISCAL ILLUSION, AND BUDGETARY CHOICE. Wagner, Richard E. // Public Choice;Spring1976, Vol. 25, p45
Examines a facet of the impact of fiscal institutions upon taxpayer knowledge, namely, the impact of alternative degrees of complexity in the revenue structure upon the stock of taxpayer knowledge concerning tax-prices of public output. Details of how it is possible that taxpayer perceptions of...
- The Easy Way Out of Deficits. Barrett, Katherine; Greene, Richard // Governing;Mar2002, Vol. 15 Issue 6, p58
Discusses the government budget gap of Arizona for 2002. Techniques of states and cities to keep their budgets in apparent balance; Underestimation of medicaid expenses; Entities that used one-time measures to make their tax payments look better; Delay in payment of bills.