North Carolina Back at Work on Budget, College Debt
- March 1 Deadline Set for Joining California Pooled-Bond Program. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;12/21/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 32034, p1
The article reports that a more detailed timeline is in place for redevelopment agencies in California that want to join a bond program enabling them to stretch out payments they are required to make to the state this May. California's fiscal 2005 budget required the state's redevelopment...
- Virginia Legislators Reach Deal on Biennial Budget. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;5/7/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31879, p4
Reports that Virginia House of Delegates and Senate legislators have reached a compromise on the state's budget for fiscal 2005-2006. Compromise budget plan; Protection of the state's triple-A bond rating; Plans to boost spending on education, health care, public safety and state workers' salaries.
- MIDWEST Bond-Watch. Shields, Yvette; Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;3/23/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32096, p31
Reports on developments related to bonds in the Midwest. Appointment by Governor Rod Blagojevich of five people to head the Illinois Gaming Board; Resignation of The financial manager that was appointed by the state of Michigan to oversee the city of Highland Park's budget; Proposal by...
- ALASKA: Palin Pushes $240M of GOs. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;1/18/2008, Vol. 363 Issue 32798, p9
The article reports on the support of Alaska Governor Sarah Palin for a plan to request $240 million of general obligation bond authorization for the state. Palin told that the bond request, which is intended for transportation projects and a crime laboratory, makes sense because voters will...
- Moody's: Bush Cuts Could Hurt Wastewater SRFs' Credit Quality. Sanchez, Humberto // Bond Buyer;2/15/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32071, p29
Reports on the effect of the approval of U.S. Congress to a budget reduction in the proposed program in U.S. President George W. Bush's fiscal 2006 budget. Deterioration of the credit quality tax-exempt bonds sold for wastewater revolving loan funds; Interest rates of loans provided by...
- Senate Committee Passes $560M Spending Plan, Authorizes $400M of GOs for D.C. Sanchez, Humberto // Bond Buyer;9/22/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31974, p4
Reports on the U.S. Senate Appropriations Committee's approval of the fiscal 2005 spending bill for Washington, D.C., which authorizes the city to sell general obligation bonds. House version of the measure; Funding of programs under the bill.
- Far West: Plain/Insured GO Yield Curves for June 1, 2005. // Bond Buyer;6/3/2005, Vol. 352 Issue 32146, p39
This article presents information related to plain and insured GO yield curves of various U.S. states for June 1, 2005. Some of the states mentioned are Wyoming, Idaho, Montana, Oregon, Nevada, Washington, Hawaii, Alaska and California.
- Visible Supply by State. // Bond Buyer;6/3/2005, Vol. 352 Issue 32146, p39
This article presents information related to visible supplies by various U.S. states such as Alaska, California, Hawaii, Idaho, Montana, Nevada, Oregon, Washington and Wyoming.
- Road warriors. Petersen, Jeri // Fort Worth Business Press;1/30/2004, Vol. 17 Issue 4, p10
Discusses the breakdown of the bond package in Fort Worth, Texas. Road projects included in the bond package; Details of the budget for parks and community services improvement; Systems for fire safety.