D.C. Council Approves Plan To Create New Waterfront Corp
- Mayor Signs Waterfront Revitalization Legislation. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;8/6/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31942, p5
Reports that District of Columbia mayor Anthony Williams signed a legislation that created the Anacostia Waterfront Corp., an entity that will oversee the Anacostia Waterfront Initiative and will issue municipal bonds for some of the projects included in it. Effort to revitalize the shores of...
- Council May Ax Agencies. Ackerman, Andrew // Bond Buyer;3/12/2007, Vol. 359 Issue 32584, p9
The article reports on the plan of a District Council panel to consider a bill that would disband the National Capital Revitalization Corp. and the Anacostia Waterfront Corp., the two quasi-public city redevelopment agencies with bond-issuance authorization in Washington, D.C. The legislation...
- Planning on a Turnarond. Swope, Christopher // Governing;Sep2004, Vol. 17 Issue 12, p64
Reports on the participation of Anacostia Waterfront Corp. in a redevelopment project along the Anacostia River in Washington D.C. in 2004. Plans of the company regarding the project; Reaction of critics on the plan; Comments from Andy Altman, the state's planning director, on the need of the...
- MARKET STATISTICS. // Bond Buyer;8/24/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31210, p36
Presents information on government securities trading in the United States, as of August 23, 2001. Short-term tax-exempt yields; Securities prices; Bond indexes; Municipal bond prices.
- Volume Drops 21% In January. Meyers, Maxwell // Bond Buyer;2/1/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32310, p1
The article reports on the decline of municipal bond issuance by 21 percent year-over-year in January 2006 in the United States. Tax-exempt bond borrowers sold 4.7 billion dollar less debt than they did in January 2005. According to statistics released by Thomson Financial, it was the biggest...
- Munis Weaken But New-Issue Pricing Is Firm to Strong. McGee, Patrick // Bond Buyer;6/8/2011, Vol. 376 Issue 33529, p2
The article offers information on the performance of the U.S. bond market as of June 7, 2011. It mentions that the pricing of new bond issues has been strong despite the weak performance of municipal bonds. It also notes that the yields of tax-exempt bonds maturing between 2019 and 2036 have...
- Munis Weaken in 'Sloppy' Session; Yonkers, N.Y., Offering Postponed. Chesla, Nicholas; Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;3/24/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31848, p2
Reports on the postponement of municipal bonds in Yonkers, New York. Assessment of equity gains; Evaluation of the government bond market; Impact of the weakness in tax-exempts on the postponement.
- Headline Risk Returns to Haunt Munis. Scarchilli, Michael // Bond Buyer;1/13/2011, Vol. 375 Issue 33450, p2
The article reports on the increase of tax-exempt yields in New York City. According to a Los Angeles, California trader, municipal markets are getting much attention in the media. It notes the seven basis points increase in the Municipal Market Date triple-A 10-year scale to 3.31%, the three...
- MARKET STATISTICS. // Bond Buyer;8/08/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31695, p36
Presents statistics related to bond market in the U.S. as of August 08, 2003. Bond market indicators; Short term tax-exempt yields; Municipal market general obligation yields.