May Trade Deficit Falls 4.5% to $46.0B
- ECONOMY WATCH. // Business Today;7/27/2008, Vol. 17 Issue 15, p22
The article offers updates on the economic status of India. It focuses on the impact of the inflow of invisibles and trade deficit on India's economic condition. In 2008, the country's deficit is expected to increase to $124.7 million. Furthermore, negative trade balance, along with other...
- The Ups and Downs of Current-Account Deficits. Humpage, Owen F.; Shenk, Michael // Economic Trends (07482922);Jan2009, p7
The article presents an analysis on the current-account deficit of the U.S. The current-account deficit continues to increase between 1995 and 2002, as well as the gross domestic product (GDP) growth as a result of the influx in the global savings. The increase in the current-account deficit...
- U.S. INTERNATIONAL TRANSACTIONS. // Economic Indicators;Nov2005, Vol. 110 Issue 11, p36
The article presents a chart of U.S. international transactions in the second quarter of 2005, including balance of trade, balance on current account, imports, exports and net unilateral current transfers net.
- Secure External Position. // Asia Monitor: South Asia Monitor;Nov2006, Vol. 12 Issue 11, p3
The article presents an economic outlook for India for the first quarter of fiscal year 2006-2007. According to "Business Monitor International," the country is experiencing a rapid deterioration in the current account position in the first quarter of 2006/2007, to a deficit of U.S.$6.1 billion....
- External Demand To Pose Drag On C/A Surplus. // Asia Monitor: China & North East Asia Monitor;Oct2011, Vol. 18 Issue 10, p9
The article provides an economic outlook on the current account (C/A) surplus of South Korea. It highlights the increase in the C/A surplus from 2.2 billion dollars in May 2011 to three billion dollars in June 2011. It emphasizes the forecasts of Business Monitor International Ltd. (BMI) which...
- Trade Balance Still In The Black. // Latin America Monitor: Mexico Monitor;Jul2010, Vol. 27 Issue 7, p5
The article reports on the year-to-date trade balance of Mexico which remained in surplus in April 2010, from 150 million U.S. dollars in March to 340 million in April, and the projected trade deficit by the end of the year at 2.71 billion, from a 2009 forecast of 4.68 billion dollars.
- Fourth-Quarter Deficit at $99.8B. Ferris, Craig T. // Bond Buyer;03/16/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30850, p2
Focuses on an increase in the United States trade deficit on a current account basis in the fourth quarter of 1999. Combination of the goods and service trade gap; Income deficit; Net unilateral current transfers.
- Slight decline in current account surplus. // Infomat: A Weekly Review;9/6/2002, p3
Reports that the current account surplus of Canada has declined slightly during the second quarter of 2002. Decline in surplus in goods; Goods surplus with the U.S.; Travel deficit; Foreign demand for Canadian securities; Canadian direct investments in other countries.
- UK TRADE -- THE INCREASINGLY GREAT DIVIDE. Lewis, Stephen // Accountancy;Nov86, Vol. 98 Issue 1119, p31
Reports on trade developments in Great Britain as of November 1986. Trends in balance of payments on Current account; Expectation of trade deficit by 1987; Oil production.