Miami-Dade Expressway Selling $245M of New Money, Refunding
- MARKET STATISTICS. // Bond Buyer;8/24/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31210, p36
Presents information on government securities trading in the United States, as of August 23, 2001. Short-term tax-exempt yields; Securities prices; Bond indexes; Municipal bond prices.
- Massachusetts Readies $750 Million of GOs, Mostly Tax-Exempt. Whalen, Robert // Bond Buyer;9/28/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32227, p4
No abstract available.
- Survey: Governmental Bonds Often Used in Multifamily Deals. Duff, Susanna // Bond Buyer;6/17/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31658, p5
Local housing authorities increasingly are relying on tax-exempt governmental bonds to finance multifamily housing in the U.S. State and local housing authorities have issued $1.7 billion in governmental bonds to finance 41,615 units of housing in 2002. Under the private-activity bond...
- Munis Weaken in 'Sloppy' Session; Yonkers, N.Y., Offering Postponed. Chesla, Nicholas; Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;3/24/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31848, p2
Reports on the postponement of municipal bonds in Yonkers, New York. Assessment of equity gains; Evaluation of the government bond market; Impact of the weakness in tax-exempts on the postponement.
- Munis Finished Mixed, But Still Outpace Treasuries; MOB Climbs. Monsarrat, Sean // Bond Buyer;05/11/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31137, p2
Reports the drop of government bond prices worldwide. Reason for the decline of bond prices; Continuance of investor selective purchase of bonds to help the market out-perform treasuries; Amount of free tax bonds in the Hawaii Airport System.
- Municipals end week on an upswing; Treasuries rise after PPI report. Showalter, Monica // Bond Buyer;03/15/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30598, p2
Reports on the results of bond trading in the United States, on March 12, 1998. Gains in the Treasuries market; Issues freed to trade; Tax-exempt issues; Trends in dollar bond trading.
- Tax Exempt Bonds for American Samoa. // Practical Accountant;Dec2004, Vol. 37 Issue 12, p14
The article presents information on the tax treatment of bonds and other obligations issued by the Government of American Samoa. It provides that the interest on any bond or other obligation issued after October 16, 2004 by or on behalf of American Samoa is exempt from income taxation.
- Munis Firmer on a 'Pretty Positive Day'. Scarchilli, Michael // Bond Buyer;11/6/2008, Vol. 366 Issue 32998, p2
The article reports that municipal bond market in the U.S. was firmer on November 5, 2008, following Treasuries. Bond traders said that tax-exempt yields were lower by three or four basis point. The trading ended up with pretty decent activity and there were some gains. Bond traders consider the...
- Treasuries Fall Due to Technical Selling, Dragging Munis With Them. Curran, Bill; Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;10/13/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32237, p2
Reports on the increase in tax-exempt yields to match the losses in government securities in the U.S. Failure of the Treasury to inspire buyers to step into the market; Details on the flexibility and resiliency of the U.S. market economy; Means of reducing debt service costs.