Commerce To Leave Negotiated Business
- Commerce CEO: No Effect from Bond Case. Kulikowski, Laurie // American Banker;1/28/2005, Vol. 170 Issue 19, p18
Discusses how Vernon Hill, Commerce Bancorp Inc.'s chairman and chief executive, does not expect the firm to be financially impacted by litigation stemming from its alleged involvement in a municipal bond underwriting scandal. Details of allegations in a shareholder lawsuit; How any financial...
- Mr. Hill Plays Through. McKnight, Marshall // Business News New Jersey;4/1/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 14, p14
Profiles Vernon W. Hill II, chief executive officer of Commerce Bancorp. Plans of Hill to pull the company into the elite club of the top U.S. banks; Fascination of Hill on people making money; Design of the home of Hill; Interest of Hill in politics.
- Branches, Service and Vernon, Vernon, Vernon. Sraeel, Holly // U.S. Banker;Apr2003, Vol. 113 Issue 4, p8
Comments on Commerce Bancorp Inc. chief Vernon Hill's hold on the retail banking sector in the U.S. Discussions on Hill's influence in the sector at a meeting held by retail bankers; Hill's branch banking strategy.
- Sowing branches in the garden state. Kapiloff, Howard // American Banker;9/8/1994, Vol. 159 Issue 173, p4
Features Vernon W. Hill, chairman and president of Commerce Bancorp. Expansion plans; Praises of Hill's expansion strategy from banking analysts; Bank assets; Ranking; Banking technologies; Charges for automated teller machine users.
- You want fries with that withdrawal? Garver, Rob // Business News New Jersey;07/27/98, Vol. 11 Issue 28, p22
Focuses on the management of Commerce Bancorp's operation in Cherry Hill, New Jersey. Chief Executive Officer Vernon Hill's goals in creating the bank's corporate identity; Expansion strategy; Hill's career in banking; Hill's attitude toward competition; Growth rate of the bank.
- At N.J.'s Commerce, CEO Says Profit Rise Can't Last. Agosta, Veronica // American Banker;4/11/2002, Vol. 167 Issue 69, p20
Focuses on the views of Vernon W. Hill, chairman and president of Commerce Bancorp Inc., on the growth of the company profits in New Jersey. Details on the marketing performance of the company; Analysis of the net income; Increase of company assets.
- Crashing the party. Sonik, Claude // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);5/31/2002, Vol. 49 Issue 23, p1A
Focuses on the business of Commerce Bancorp Inc. under the management of founder Vernon W. Hill in Long Island, New York. Growth of the bank through expansion; Number of Commerce branches; Benefits of the consolidations of Washington Mutual and Citibank to Commerce.
- HE'LL TAKE MANHATTAN. Milligan, Jack // U.S. Banker;Oct2001, Vol. 111 Issue 10
Profiles Vernon W. Hill II, chairman and founder of Commerce Bancorp in Cherry Hill, New Jersey. Accounts on the leadership of Hill; Efforts of penetrating into the New York City retail banking market; Focus on the convenience and service quality in the operating strategy.
- Commerce Suspends Contributions. Braun, Martin Z. // Bond Buyer;4/30/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31625, p1
Facing increasing scrutiny over political contributions, Commerce Bancorp Inc. chairman and president Vernon W. Hill 2d said the bank would suspend contributions in New Jersey from its political action committee while the state Legislature debates anti-pay-to-play legislation.Earlier in May...