Junior Banker Leaves Bear Stearns Amid Chicago Allegations
- Bear Stearns Banker Exits. Shields, Yvette; Resnick, Amy B. // Bond Buyer;7/15/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31926, p1
Reports on the resignation of P. Nicholas Hurtgen, the manager of Bear, Stearns and Co. Inc. in Chicago, Illinois. Details of the federal whistleblower's lawsuit accusing Hurtgen of shaking down a hospital client in exchange for regulatory approval for a new facility; Career history of Hurtgen;...
- Bear Loses Top Equities Pro Head of equity capital markets decamps for hedge fund. Tunick, Britt // Investment Dealers' Digest;7/23/2001, Vol. 67 Issue 29, pN.PAG
Reports on the resignation of Philip Eagan as head of equity capital markets for U.S.-based Bear, Stearns & Co. Inc. Company to be joined by Eagan; Bears' performance in equity markets under Eagan; Opinions about Eagan's decision to resign.
- The Turmoil at Bear; The Push at BofA. Hahn, Avital Louria // Investment Dealers' Digest;7/30/2001, Vol. 67 Issue 30, pN.PAG
Reports on the resignation of co-head of mergers and acquisitions at Bear, Stearns & Co. Anthony Magro. Professional background of Magro; Reasons for the departure of Magro.
- Chairman's Exit Renews Talk of Bear Stearns Sale . Schmelkin, Alissa // American Banker;6/27/2001, Vol. 166 Issue 123, p4
Reports on Alan C. Greenberg's resignation as chairman of Bear Stearns Cos. in June 2001. President and chief executive officer James E. Cayne's assumption of the additional role of chairman; Speculation that the company could be a candidate for acquisition; Highlights of Greenberg's career...
- Bear Hires HSBC Vet To Lead Metals Push. Terzo, Gerelyn // Investment Dealers' Digest;1/9/2006, Vol. 72 Issue 1, p4
The article reports that Bear Stearns Cos. Inc. continues to diversify its revenue streams, expanding its push into the lucrative commodities business by forming a global metals trading operation based in New York and London, England. Bear Stearns's foray into metals trading follows the...
- Bear Stearns Restaffs Florida Office, Brings in Two Public Finance Veterans. Wisniewski, Mary // Bond Buyer;3/8/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31340, p5
Reports on the appointment of associate directors Kevin McCarty and J.W. Howard for the post of public bankers by investment banking firm Bear, Stearns & Co. for its Boca Raton office in Florida. Lack of financial bankers in the company; Previous job experiences of McCarty and Howard;...
- Bear Stearns taps DLJ senior banker to run FIG banking. Santini, Laura // Investment Dealers' Digest;07/31/2000, Vol. 66 Issue 31, p4
Reports that the investment bank Bear Sterns Cos Inc. has hired Donaldson Lufkin & Jenrette managing director David Platter. Rationale of the appointment; Job description; Career history; Bear Stearns' ranking in the global mergers and acquisitions deals; Expertise in asset-backed securitization.
- Bear Stearns Said to Hire B of A Syndications Exec. Weidner, David // American Banker;4/13/1999, Vol. 164 Issue 69, p26
Reports on the resignation of Keith Barnish from BankAmerica Corp. to build a loan originations team at Bear, Stearns & Co. Other members of the originations team; Position left by Barnish at BankAmerica.
- A Muzzling at Bear Highlights Analysts' Shaky Tightrope Walk. KEENAN, CHARLES // American Banker;8/23/1999, Vol. 164 Issue 161, p21
Focuses on the significance of Bear Stearns & Co.'s crackdown on analyst Sean Ryans who covers large and mid-capitalization banks. Impact of Ryan's negative assessment of First Union in January 1999 on the status of Bear Stearns' fixed-income unit; Curtailing of Ryan's dealings with the press;...