Heritage Bondholders' Lawsuit Gets Class Action Status
- Investors May Get Piece of $28M Heritage Settlement in January. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;11/28/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32266, p35
The article reports that investors who submitted claims tied to their holdings of the Heritage Healthcare's tax-exempt bonds could receive a 28 million dollars global settlement in January 2006 in Chicago, Illinois. Attorney Brian Barry, the lawyer working on a federal class action lawsuit,...
- Heritage Bondholders Have Until Friday to Submit Claims to $28M Settlement. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;8/8/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32191, p48
Announces the deadline for the submission of claims by bondholders to a global settlement reached between Heritage Healthcare and the plaintiffs in a class action lawsuit. Requirement for bondholders to submit claim forms; Appeal of Miller & Schroeder broker Bruce Talley, whose firm underwrote...
- Washington State Takes Lead in Enron Suit. Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;4/11/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31363, p2
Reports on the class action lawsuit filed by public bondholders against Enron Corp. in California. Allegations of selling company stock prior to filing for bankruptcy protection; Improper accounting and disclosure of information; Legal counsel representing investors.
- Investors Submit 1,000 Claims in Heritage Healthcare Case. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;9/20/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32221, p7
Reports on the claims filed in relation to the tax-exempt debt of the defunct Heritage Healthcare by its investors in the U.S. Total number of claims filed before the claims administrator; Allegations raised in the class action by investors; Amount of funds available in the global settlement of...
- Investors sue DT over VoiceStream. // RCR Wireless News;12/25/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 52, p10
Focuses on a group of United States (U.S.)-based investors' filing of a class-action lawsuit in the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York against Deutsche Telekom AG.
- Investor Suits Hit Broadcom. Murphy, Tom // Electronic News;03/26/2001, Vol. 47 Issue 13, p4
Reports on the class action lawsuits filed by investors against Broadcom Corp. in March 2001. Allegations of the investors; Stock trading of Broadcom; Plans of Broadcom to restate its financial results.
- QUICK HITS. // Restaurant Business;1/15/2005, Vol. 104 Issue 1, p14
The article presents information related to the restaurant business. The parent of the Bakers Square and Village Inn has agreed to pay$ 6.6 million to settle two class-action lawsuits alleging violations of California laws covering meal and rest breaks. An investor in the Cosi fast-casual...
- Investors revolt. Quinlivan, Beth // BRW;2/9/2006, Vol. 28 Issue 5, p14
The article focuses on the class actions of shareholders to regain its investments that were lost because of misleading information. The managing director, Bruce Dixon, believes that the full benefits of the Gribbles acquisition would eventually flow through, but 2005-2006 earnings would now...
- Class Action Suits Are Graduating. Burns, Mairin // Investment Dealers' Digest;7/28/2003, Vol. 69 Issue 30, p7
Reports on the methods adopted by victims against individuals deemed responsible for the demise of such corporate giants as Enron Corp. and Adelphia Corp. Class action lawsuits filed by victims; Alternative route taken by victims for revenge; Motion filed by Adelphia and its bondholders.