N.J. Agency Could OK Up to $2.7B
- Let's Start All Over On Taxes. Taber, George M. // njbiz;2/23/2004, Vol. 17 Issue 8, p16
Argues that the state of New Jersey must reform its tax system. Increase in the state's property taxes between 1993 and 2003; State of bonding under the administration of Governor James McGreevey; Requirement for New Jersey's tax system.
- McGreevey Supports Camden Renewal. // njbiz;6/17/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 25, p4
Reports on the pledge of support by New Jersey Governor James E. McGreevey for a legislative proposal to invest in Camden, New Jersey to rebuild infrastructure, improve public safety and increase governmental accountability in the city. Sources of funding for the project; Coverage of the project.
- FILLING POTHOLES WITH DEBT. // njbiz;2/16/2004, Vol. 17 Issue 7, p2
Focuses on the issuance of a bond by New Jersey Governor James E. McGreevey to address the state's problem in transportation system. Transportation needs of the state; Recommendations by the state's blue-ribbon panel to increase gasoline tax; Implications of the bond issuance on the state's...
- N.J. Eyes $2B Referndum. Braun, Martin Z. // Bond Buyer;10/14/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31739, p1
Reports on the consideration of a bond referendum issuance by New Jersey Governor James E. McGreevey. Total amount of bonds the Governor proposed to issue; Proceeds of the sale; Condition on the inclusion of the referendum in the 2004 ballot.
- With Its Credit Ratings Affirmed, New Jersey to Offer $490M of Debt. D'Ambrosio, Jill // Bond Buyer;3/26/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31850, p1
Reports that the New Jersey has sold new money general obligation debt and certificates of participation. Affirmation of the AA rating of the Garden state; Spending plan of Governor James E. McGreevey; Assessment of the structural imbalance.
- Paying to Play in N.J. D'Ambrosio, Gillian // Bond Buyer;11/17/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31763, p1
Reports on changes in the standings among top bond counsel working on New Jersey and state authority deals since Democratic Governor James E. McGreevey took office in 2002. Contributions of the state's top bond counsel to McGreevey's campaign; Law firms that have entered the ranks of the...
- Stadium Saga. Braun, Martin Z. // Bond Buyer;12/17/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31286, p37
Reports that governor James McGreevey has succeeded to cancel legislative bills related to the issue of bonds for the development of stadiums in New Jersey. Concerns of acting governor Donald DiFranceso related to the issue; Comments of DiFrancesco on the benefits of bills.
- N.J. Governor Eyes Tobacco For '03 Plan. Braun, Martin Z. // Bond Buyer;3/27/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31353, p1
Reports the proposed budget for tobacco bonds by Governor James E. McGreevey in Trenton, New Jersey. Restructure of state authorities to help close a budget deficit; Proposal for increase in the cigarette tax; Pledge of McGreevey to support school construction program.
- New Jersey Bond Law Veto Called a Short-Term Delay. Braun, Martin Z. // Bond Buyer;11/15/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31514, p6
Reports that New Jersey governor James E. McGreevey has vetoed a bill that would make it easier for local governments to issue refunding bonds and permit electronic bidding. Objections regarding issuance of local pension refunding bonds; Proposals made by Local Government Services; Other...