Arizona School Board Sale
- Issuers Who Draw Down Get Favorable IRS Ruling. Kinnander, Ola // Bond Buyer;11/27/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31272, p5
Reports that a recent ruling by the U.S. Internal Revenue Service may help issuers that 'draw down' their bond proceeds in several installments. Provisions under the ruling; Requirements for prematurely issuance of bonds; Impact of the ruling on issuers.
- Tax-exempts gain focus. Resnick, Amy B. // Bond Buyer;04/21/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30624, p1
Highlights a preliminary blueprint for the reorganization of the United States Internal Revenue Service (IRS) which would give more focus on tax-exempt bonds. Establishment of a tax-exempt operating division; Significant increase in the number of people and agents that would focus solely on bonds.
- Stand Back From the Edge. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;05/10/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31136, p1
Reports the warning issued by an Internal Revenue Service official against buying bonds from aggressive deals in Las Vegas, Nevada. Implications for institutional investors and municipal market buyers; Issuance of audit letters; Reaction from National Federation of Municipal Analysts on audit...
- Lawyers Doubt IRS Will Target Non-Settlement Deals. Kinnander, Ola // Bond Buyer;04/11/2000, Vol. 332 Issue 30868, p4
Reports that bond lawyers are skeptical that the United States Internal Revenue Service (IRS) will launch an auditing effort of issuers that are not covered by federal yield-burning settlements. Issues that IRS might prioritize; Comments of Charles Anderson, the IRS manager of field operations...
- SILOs, LILOs Under Fire. McConnell, Alison L. // Bond Buyer;7/27/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32183, p1
Reports on the plan of the U.S. Internal Revenue Service to investigate bond lawyers who have issued unusual tax opinions about bond-financed equipment or property in sale-in/lease-out (SILO) and lease-in/lease-out (LILO) transactions in the U.S. Aim to determine possible violations of its...
- Kentucky Counties Association Faces IRS Audit. Barnett, Susanna Duff // Bond Buyer;11/9/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 32007, p23
Reports on the audit of the tax and revenue anticipation certification of participating notes issued by the Kentucky Association of Counties Advance Revenue Program in 2003 by the U.S. Internal Revenue Service. Notification of the issuer of the audit; Initiation of a routine examination.
- IRS Declares West Covina, Calif., USD Refunding Taxable; Cites Yield Burning. McConnell, Alison L. // Bond Buyer;8/7/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32439, p5
The article reports on the U.S. Internal Revenue Service's (IRS) preliminary decision that a series of refunding bonds issued by West Covina Unified School District in California is taxable. According to the article, the IRS investigation has discovered evidence of yield burning. It adds that...
- IRS Issues Annual State-By-State QZAB Allocations. McConnell, Alison L. // Bond Buyer;1/17/2007, Vol. 359 Issue 32548, p4
The article reports on the United States Internal Revenue Service's announcement of the maximum face amount of qualified zone academy bonds (QZAB) that each United States state and territory can issue for calendar years 2006 and 2007. QZAB is used by municipal issuers to finance repairs and...
- IRS Closes Audit of Pennsylvania School District. McConnell, Alison L. // Bond Buyer;8/16/2007, Vol. 361 Issue 32693, p4
The article reports that the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) has closed an audit of Scranton School District's $63 million of Series 2001 refunding notes without declaring them taxable in Pennsylvania. It is stated that the school district's transaction was sold to finance capital projects and...