Florida Counties Use Web to Recover Delinquent Tax Revenue
- Some FAQs if you're thinking about buying tax liens. // Inside Tucson Business;2/8/2010, Vol. 19 Issue 36, p6
The article presents questions and answers related to tax lien including the tax liens that are sold, how to buy tax lien certificates and the auction area.
- Tax Reserve Certificates. // Accountancy;Jan1968, Vol. 79 Issue 893, p5
The article reports updates on the rates of interest on Company and Personal Tax Reserve Certificates subscribed on or after November 29, 1967 in Great Britain. The rates of Company Reserve Certificates is 4.125 percent and 3 percent per annum. The rates of interest on all Company and Personal...
- Tax and law. // Accountancy;Oct78, Vol. 89 Issue 1022, p25
This article reports on the stance of the British Conservative Small Business Bureau on the 714 Scheme of collecting tax from subcontractors in the construction industry. The Bureau set up a working party to report on the scheme. The working party's recommendations include: temporary...
- If you go, be prepared to move fast. // Inside Tucson Business;2/18/2008, Vol. 17 Issue 37, p4
The article describes the annual tax lien sale conducted in Pima County, Arizona. The aim of the auction is to get the taxes owed on different properties in the county. Investors only buy lien certificates and not properties. In the property auction, bidders start at 16% of the value and bid...
- LAWSUITS AND EMPIRE: ON THE ENFORCEMENT OF SOVEREIGN DEBT IN LATIN AMERICA. Ahmed, Faisal Z.; Alfaro, Laura; Maurer, Noel // Law & Contemporary Problems;Fall2010, Vol. 73 Issue 4, p39
An essay on the enforcement of sovereign debt in Latin America is presented. It cites the things that are eternal such as taxes, death and sovereign default in which the latter is surprising the fact that creditors remain to offer hundreds of billions of dollars to governments, in spite of the...
- Treasury Strips Fall $423M in October. Siegel, Gary // Bond Buyer;11/7/2014, Vol. 1 Issue F343, p1
Newly issued Treasury securities held in stripped form decreased about $423 million in October to a total of $212.285 billion, the Bureau of the Public Debt reported Thursday.
- Inland Revenue toughens stance on CIS tax certificates. // Contract Journal;12/3/2003, Vol. 421 Issue 6455, p4
Reports on the decision of the British Inland Revenue agency to toughen its stance on the renewal of CIS tax certificates in 2003. Implication of the move for construction companies; Reason of the agency for refusing to renew several CIS certificates; Importance of designating discretion to...
- LOCAL GOVERNMENT BUDGET STRATEGY: A CASE STUDY OF SOUTH FLORIDA. Lynch, Thomas // Public Administration Quarterly;Fall87, Vol. 11 Issue 3, p361
Focuses on the budget strategy of local government in South Florida. Importance of property tax to the people in South Florida; Sources of revenue for the government; Types of government debt; Objectives of the budget strategy for the local governments.
- Should The Public Debt Limit Be Raised At This Time? PRO. Byrd, Harry F. // Congressional Digest;Oct53, Vol. 32 Issue 10, p237
The article presents views of the author on the bill H.R. 6672, in the U.S. House for raising the public debt limit. According to the latest Treasury statement the Federal debt is $272,573,000,000. Of this, more than $500 million is not subject to the debt limitation, making the present debt...