Hawkins, Delafield & Wood Celebrates Its 150th Anniversary
- Bloomberg: Pataki's One-Shot Revenues Are Inadequate. McKaig, Ryan // Bond Buyer;1/28/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31561, p32
Discusses New York governor George E. Pataki's plans to refinance $1 billion in Battery Park City Authority bonds to aid New York City and views of New York City mayor Michael Bloomberg on the issue. Unique features of the proposed annual budget; Deficit in the budget for 2004; Insistence of...
- N.Y.'s Pataki Unveils $6B Plan For Manhattan-JFK Direct Rail. McDonald, Michael // Bond Buyer;5/6/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31878, p1
Reports on New York Governor George E. Pataki and New York City Mayor Michael R. Bloomberg's plan to pursue building a passenger rail line between lower Manhattan and John F. Kennedy International Airport. Proposed construction of a tunnel below the East River; Construction cost of the JFK rail...
- N.Y. Assembly Proposal Separates Javits Expansion and Stadium Plan. McDonald, Michael // Bond Buyer;7/15/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31926, p40
Reports on the New York Assembly's version of legislation to permit the expansion of the Jacob K. Javits Convention Center. Limitation of the financing plan of Governor George Pataki and Mayor Michael R. Bloomberg; Restriction of using the Battery Park City Authority money for the project;...
- Even in Tough Times, Schools Get New Aid. Gehring, John // Education Week;11/27/2002, Vol. 22 Issue 13, p18
Discusses an increase in education funding in the state budget under the administration of New York Governor George E. Pataki. Provisions included in the budget; View of Pataki that the 2002-03 budget is fiscally sound; Legislation that the governor and lawmakers passed to provide New York City...
- Blocked. Adams, Mark // New York;4/10/2006, Vol. 39 Issue 12, p16
The article provides updates on events as well as the affairs of notable people in New York City. Mayor Michael Bloomberg was able to gain additional fund for city schools. Legislator Bill Weld has proposed to eliminate state income tax for people earning less than 75 thousand dollars a year....
- Who Failed the C Train? Smith, Chris // New York;2/7/2005, Vol. 38 Issue 4, p18
Reports on the installation of communications-based train control in the subway system of New York. Relationship between governor George Pataki and mayor Michael Bloomberg; Problems with the funding of the repair of the transit system; Implications for Pataki's reelection bid.
- Finding a way to remember . // U.S. News & World Report;8/26/2002, Vol. 133 Issue 8, p10
Focuses on the question of how the September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks should be commemorated. Historical comparison; Plans for the day, including a reading of the Gettysburg Address by New York Governor George Pataki; Outlook of New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg.
- Where are the textbooks? Harris, Jaime C. // New York Amsterdam News;4/11/2002, Vol. 93 Issue 15, p1
Reports the textbook deficit of public school system in New York. Release of the report 'Reading Is Fundamental'; Quality and quantity of books issued; Efforts of Mayor Michael Bloomberg and Governor George Pataki on the budget for books.
- PBS animates Cooper and Sam. Feddoes, Sadie // New York Amsterdam News;8/28/2003, Vol. 94 Issue 35, p9
It will be Labor Day on September 1, and for millions it will be the day for the 36th annual West Indian/American Day Carnival Parade on Eastern Parkway in Brooklyn, New York City. Expected to join in this year's celebration are Governor George E. Pataki and Mayor Michael Bloomberg, who will...