D.C. Plan, Including $400M of GOs, Sails Through Panel
- Senate Delays Vote On Big Spending Bill. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;9/25/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31727, p5
Reports on the postponement of an expected vote for the spending bill in Washington D.C. Deliberation of the contentious provisions in the package; Combination of the operating and capital budget; Allocation of funds for the proposed combine sewer overflow upgrade program.
- D.C. Stadium Bill May Allow Private Financing, Officials Say. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;11/12/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 32009, p7
Reports on plans to amend legislation drafted to implement a bond-financed proposal for a baseball stadium and related community development projects in Washington, D.C., to allow incorporation of private financing in the projects. City Mayor Anthony Williams' comments on the proposed amendment;...
- Mayor's '07 Budget for D.C. Calls For $849M in Issuance. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;3/22/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32344, p5
The article reports on Washington, D.C. Mayor Anthony Williams' proposed 4.95 billion budget for fiscal 2007 which begins on October 1, 2007. It includes the issuance of 849 million dollars in bonds, almost all of which would be general obligation debt. The budget refers to locally generated...
- D.C. Mayor's 2003 Budget Calls for $250M of GO Debt. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;3/19/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31347, p1
Reports on the launching of the city budget by Anthony A. Williams, mayor of Washington D.C. Data on the proposed budget; Worth of the issued general obligation bonds; Impact of the increased demand for special education and health care services to the funds of the city.
- Getting Down and Dirty in Effort To Fix Nation's Antiquated Sewers. Sanchez, Humberto // Bond Buyer;7/16/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31181, p1
Describes the efforts of the United States Environmental Protection Agency to address the country's combined sewer overflow. Agency's call on communities to correct the problems since mid-1990s; Financing of the project with tax-exempt bonds; Design of the nation's older sewer systems.
- D.C. mayor proposes $3.2 billion budget for fiscal 2001. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;03/14/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30848, p4
Focuses on the fiscal 2001 budget proposed by Washington, D.C. Mayor Anthony A. Williams. Approximate amount in added general obligation bond authority for fiscal 2001 under the budget proposal; Allocation breakdown of the proposed fiscal 2001 budget; Reaction of city council members to the...
- Bond Projects in Limbo as D.C. Mayor's Term Winds Down. Ackerman, Andrew // Bond Buyer;9/18/2006, Vol. 357 Issue 32468, p32
The article reports that Washington D.C. Mayor Anthony Williams said that he would use his final weeks in office to push a handful of bond-related projects through the District Council but sources said that it is unlikely. The council committee on finance and revenue will meet to discuss a bill...
- NORTHEAST Bond-Watch. Vadum, Matthew; Vekshin, Alison; Peacock, Wayne; Braun, Martin Z.; McKaig, Ryan // Bond Buyer;6/10/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31404, p33
Reports developments related to bonds in the U.S. as of June 10, 2002. Proposal of mayor Anthony A. Williams of spending plan for the fiscal year; Approval of Philadelphia School Reform Commission of budget for fiscal 2003; Appointment of Michael R. DeCottie to be the deputy executive director...
- D.C., in Need of Cash, Aims to Move Up $300 Million Deal. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;3/27/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31802, p27
Washington D.C. is hoping to move its planned fall sale of 300 million dollars in general obligation bonds up to June or July, 2003, if it can get the paperwork in order by that time, treasurer N. Anthony Calhoun said on March 26, 2003. ï¿½ We want to move up the sale because the spending of...