U.S. Judge Says Only Heartland May Recoup Some Heritage Losses
- Attorney Seeking Approval for Heritage Healthcare Settlement. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;1/13/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32049, p1
The article reports that attorney Brian Barry, who represents holders of the defunct Heritage Healthcare's US$130 million of defaulted bonds, is interested in seeking preliminary approval for a global settlement with all defendants totaling US$27.8 million in the U.S. federal court. In the same...
- Parties Ink Heritage Debt Settlement. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;5/11/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31881, p1
Reports on U.S. District Judge Dickran Tevrizian's preliminary approval of a settlement offered to investors who hold Heritage Healthcare's debt. Accounting firm, Sobelman Cohen & Sullivan LLP's settlement in the litigation; Comments of Brian Barry, lead attorney for the bondholders in the case,...
- Inside investors. Jaklevic, Mary Chris // Modern Healthcare;4/5/2004, Vol. 34 Issue 14, p12
Reports on the decision of Duncan Regional Hospital in Oklahoma to sell bonds to its admitting physicians to fund an expansion and renovation project. Details of the transaction; Estimated cost of the project; Agreement signed by the physicians before buying the bonds.
- Heritage Bondholders Clear Another Settlement Hurdle. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;2/3/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32063, p3
This article reports that a federal court judge this week gave the attorney who represents holders of the now-defunct Heritage Healthcare's $130 million of defaulted bonds authorization to inform bondholders on how to claim their share of a $27.8 million global settlement fund. On Monday, U.S....
- Heritage Bondholders' Lawsuit Gets Class Action Status. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;7/13/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31924, p3
Reports on the decision of a federal judge to grant a class action status to a lawsuit filed on behalf of investors who hold multimillion-dollar bonds issued for projects of the now-defunct Heritage Healthcare in the U.S. Effect of the decision on various settlements funds; Statement of Brian...
- Heartland Execs Tried Prevention. Fine, Jacob // Bond Buyer;11/20/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31021, p1
Reports on the decline of the value of Heartland Holdings Inc. high-yield funds. Liquidity crisis facing the company; Collateral for a bond repurchase agreement with the Wisconsin Investment Board.
- Deal May Keep Hospital in Heart of Oklahoma City. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;8/04/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31691, p4
Reports that commissioners of Oklahoma County, Oklahoma are considering a multi-million revenue bond issue to renovate the St. Anthony Hospital complex and add a medical research park in the county. Plans of city officials to provide an interstate access to accommodate the park; Replacement of...
- Boston Refunds Hospital Debt, Expects $1M in Annual Savings. Peacock, Wayne // Bond Buyer;7/22/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31432, p4
Reports the pricing of obligation current refunding bond in Boston, Massachusetts. Decline of the interest rate; Generation of savings on debt service; Renovation of Boston City Hospital.
- MetroHealth to create $25M geriatrics center. Mortland, Shannon // Crain's Cleveland Business;5/23/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 21, p3
The article reports that MetroHealth System plans to spend at least $25 million to turn the former Deaconess Hospital into a "one-stop-shop" for geriatric care by 2007. The 426,000-square-foot former hospital will have a 150-bed nursing home and other elder-care services, such as hospice and...