Las Vegas Monorail Debut
- Seattle Voters May Consider Another Monorail Initiative This November. Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;08/23/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30960, p3
Highlights the proposal of the Seattle, Washington City Council to extend Seattle's monorail by more than 40 miles. Submission of 22,000 signatures; Number of residents that take the monorail; Total amount of general obligation bonds needed for the project.
- Smooth Rising: Seattle's Monorail Bonds May Sell in Fall. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;5/7/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31879, p36
Reports on the sale of Seattle Popular Monorail Authority bonds to finance the construction of the city's monorail system in Washington. Contractors that will bid for the construction of the project; Underwriter, financial adviser and counsel for the bond project; Budget allocated to the...
- Seattle Monorail Project Won't Go to Voters, Judge Rules. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;8/17/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31949, p3
Reports that a judge from King County, Washington, handed a legal victory to the Seattle Monorail Project in August 2004, saying voters should not get a chance to reject the bond-financed 14-mile elevated rail line. King County Superior Court Judge Steven Gonzales's granting of summary judgment...
- Free ride. // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;Aug1995 Supplement, Vol. 170 Issue 32, p10
Features the Las Vegas Strip monorail in Nevada. Offer of free transportation to riders daily by dual-lane tracks carrying two six-car trains; Number of people served per day at maximum capacity.
- Minority leaders set sights on monorail. Hare, David // Las Vegas Business Press;7/16/2001, Vol. 18 Issue 29, p6
Focuses on the monorail project by the Nevada Minority Purchasing Council Inc. (NMPC) in Las Vegas. Management of the construction of the private monorail system; Range of potential opportunities offered by NMPC; Features of the driverless automatic train.
- Seattle voters to face monorail plan despite opposition from local leaders. Marois, Michael B. // Bond Buyer;10/28/97, Vol. 322 Issue 30261, p1
Focuses on the proposed construction of a 40-mile monorail railroad in Seattle, Washington. Seattle Mayor Norm Rice's opposition against the initiative; Estimated costs of the project; Effort of several residents to support the project.
- Lesson From Vegas. Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;1/18/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31307, p33
Reports on the concerns of voters of Seattle, Washington related to the proposed plans of monorail in the city after its implementation in Las Vegas, Nevada. Comments of Tom Weeks, chairman of the Elevated Transportation Commission on the railway system; Financial risk associated with railway...
- Monorail Terminal/Downtown Shopping. Gengle, Dean // Advocate;1/11/78, Issue 232, p8
Focuses on a ride on monorail in Seattle, Washington that connects the downtown area in the city with the center.
- Sydney Monorail going. // Travel Daily;9/5/2012, p3
The article reports on the advertisement from the New South Wales government regarding the Registration of Interest from organisations to undertake the removal of the Sydney Monorail in the region.