- N.J. Arena Plan May Hit Snag As Protesters Seek Referendum. D'Ambrosio, Jill // Bond Buyer;6/4/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31898, p3
Reports that the Newark, N.J., Housing Authority's upcoming $199.4 million rent-backed bond sale may be thrown into question as a legal battle between city officials and proponents of a referendum plan gets underway in 2004. Key issues of interest; Analysis of pertinent topics and relevant...
- House Vote on HQLA Bill Scheduled For Monday. Casey, Jack // Bond Buyer;1/29/2016, Vol. 1 Issue F352, p1
The House is scheduled to hold a voice vote on Monday on a bill that would treat investment grade and actively traded municipal securities as high quality liquid assets under a rule banking regulators adopted in 2014.
- No Change in Munis; Fed Holds Rate Target. Scarchilli, Michael // Bond Buyer;6/24/2010, Vol. 372 Issue 33339, p2
The article reports on the unchanged condition of the U.S. municipal market on June 23, 2010. Survey shows that the Federal Reserve held no change to the federal funds rate target and that the University of Texas System Board of Regents joined the market with its 516.3 million taxable Build...
- Prices Slip a Bit Ahead of Heavier Week in Primary. Johnson, Anastasija; Curran, Bill // Bond Buyer;2/28/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32328, p2
The article discusses a positive sign in municipal bond market as it started a more active week of new issues as a drop in new home sales was not sufficient to take tax-exempt and government bonds higher, after widespread expectations of more rate hikes by the Federal Reserve Board. The Bond...
- Power Utility Mergers in N.Y., N.J. May Affect Muni Market. Whalen, Robert // Bond Buyer;2/28/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32328, p4
The article discusses the influence of the mergers and acquisitions among New York and New Jersey power providers in the municipal bond market. The planned 7.3 billion acquisition of KeySpan Corp. by National Grid affected the market by roughly $804 million of KeySpan debt, also affecting the...
- Munis Firm as Heavy Calendar Draws Bidders. Curran, William; Scarchilli, Michael // Bond Buyer;5/25/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32389, p2
The article focuses on the status of municipal bonds in the U.S. Bidders are enticed into the market due to new bond issues including the one billion-dollar of Illinois State Toll Highway Authority bonds. According to traders, tax-exempt yields decline by two or three basis points as dealers...
- Munis Continue to Weaken on Treasury Performance, $8 Billion in New Issues. Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;3/30/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31852, p2
Focuses on the weak performance of municipal bonds in the United States during the March 30, 2004 session. Amount of new issues in the market; Total worth of Florida-based Miami-Dade County's aviation revenue and revenue refunding bond offerings on behalf of Miami International Airport.
- MARKET STATISTICS. // Bond Buyer;5/6/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31878, p33
Presents charts and graphs on the municipal bond market in the U.S. as of May 6, 2004. Market indicators; Short-term tax-exempt yields; Securities prices; Municipal market data general obligation yields; Visible supply declines; New-issue balances; One-year note index; Reoffering yields;...
- Big Deals From Houston, Washington Should Boost Yields. Albano, Christine // Bond Buyer;5/17/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31885, p6
Reports on the volume of primary market municipal bond deals in the U.S. for the week of May 17, 2004. Major deals from various states; Yields expected by investors; Pricing of deals; Use of proceeds from the transactions.