Tax-Exempts See $5.57 Billion in Outflows
- Tax-Free Yield Rises 12 Basis Points as Assets Slip. Fine, Jacob // Bond Buyer;6/16/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32404, p7
The article reports on the status of tax-free money market funds in the U.S. The fund's average yield rebounded during the period June 12-18, 2006, rising 12 basis points to 2.85 percent on an annualized basis. This increase followed a decline of 13 basis points the previous week. Meanwhile,...
- Assets Rise $1.44 Million to $348.5 Billion. Fine, Jacob // Bond Buyer;4/28/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32370, p7
The article reports on the increase of assets in tax-free money market funds from $144 million to $348.5 billion in the U.S. Retail funds suffered a net flow of $3.25 billion compared with other institutional funds. The funds' average yield rose 24 basis points to 2.99% on an annualized basis.
- Diagnostics for DC default options. Johannson, Joan // Employee Benefit News Canada;Nov/Dec2006, Vol. 3 Issue 6, p6
The author focuses on default investment options which usually run to three alternatives. The alternatives include a money market fund, a balanced fund or one of the new lifecycle funds. The best alternative for plans is the money market fund in which a default option is provided only as a...
- Tax-Free Yields Rise to 0.78%; Taxables Break 1 % for First Time Since 2002. Fine, Jacob // Bond Buyer;9/24/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31976, p7
Reports on developments concerning money market funds in the U.S. as of September 24, 2004. Increase in tax-free money market funds' average yield; Taxable fund yields; Decline of assets in funds; Net outflow of taxable funds.
- THE TOP 10 FUNDS OVER FIVE AND THREE YEARS. // Money Marketing;1/8/2004, p33
Presents the top ten funds over five and three years in Great Britain. Unit trusts versus building societies; Great Britain companies.
- AMG Data Services. // High Yield Report;9/12/2005, Vol. 16 Issue 34, p5
Focuses on the total high yield mutual funds reported inflows for the week ended September 7 of 84.5 million dollar in the U.S.
- If Cash Is King, Here Are The Keys to the Castle. Revell, Janice // Fortune;4/30/2001, Vol. 143 Issue 9, p172
Offers advice to investors regarding saving and investing cash. Percentage of the stock market's total value that is invested in money market funds; Recommendation of money-market mutual funds, which invest in short-term high-grade corporate and government-debt securities; Risks and fees...
- Open season on closed books. Greenwood, John // Money Marketing;7/15/2004, p22
Discusses the increasing number of prospectors interested in closed with-profits funds, as of July 2004. Information on several with-profits closed funds that were sold in recent weeks; Concerns regarding such funds; Call of the Consumers' Association concerning an independent inquiry into...
- The late show brings Isa boom. Duncan, Chris // Money Marketing;4/15/2004, p32
Reports on the growth of business for mutual funds with the increase of independent savings accounts in Great Britain. Sales revenues of Fidelity and Schroders; Delivery of benefits by fund supermarkets