Rising Interest Rates Hammered Most Portfolios in 2Q
- A Yen for Yield? By Stan Luxenberg. // REP.;Mar2012, Vol. 36 Issue 3, p17
The article focuses on increasing yields of an investment portfolio without taking extra risk. It is said that the U.S. Federal Reserve's intention to hold down rates will affect the rate of return in the near future. It is suggested to focus on good performers like the funds that hold Build...
- Tenn., Fla. Deals Set for Sale as Muni Traders Eye Supply, Fed. Barnett, Chip // Bond Buyer;10/28/2015, Vol. 1 Issue 34401, p1
Municipal bond traders are keeping a wary eye on the Federal Reserve as it gathers for a two-day meeting to decide the course of interest rates.
- Market Post: Thursday Flooded With Golden State Issuance. Flynn, Hillary // Bondbuyer.com;10/9/2014, p11
The article reports on California bond deals that will be issued in the market in October 2014. These include the Los Angeles Water and Power system, California Public Works bonds, and the Sequoia Union High School District of California's GO bonds. Offered are details like the value of the bond...
- Muni Woes Set Off Withdrawal Stampede. Seymour, Dan // American Banker;1/11/2011, Vol. 176 Issue 6, p9
The article reports that financial difficulties with U.S. municipal governments sparked a sell off in municipal bond mutual fund markets during a week in January 2011.
- High-Yield Mum Funds Still Outperform. Posner, Matthew // Bond Buyer;5/4/2007, Vol. 360 Issue 32622, p1
The article reports on the continuing high performance of high-yield municipal mutual funds over general municipal funds in the U.S. The high-yield portfolios posted a 6.29 percent total return over the past three years while general funds notched a 4.05 percent performance measure since April...
- The Yield Hunter's Quest. Albano, Christine // Bond Buyer;10/22/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 31995`, p1
Reports on the market performance of the municipal bonds in the U.S. Total net inflows of high-yield municipal bond mutual funds; Reduction of current interest rate climate; Scarcity of low credit quality bonds in the primary market.
- Beating interest chill. Versey, Faiz // CA Magazine;Apr97, Vol. 130 Issue 3, p35
Suggests some degree of risk despite low interest rates to increase investment returns in Canada. Importance of blue chip common stocks and investment trusts; Focus on Energy Income Trusts and Real Estate Investment Trusts; Advantage of equity mutual funds.
- Indexes Mostly Lower in Holiday-Shortened Week. O'Connor, Jeanine // Bond Buyer;07/07/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30927, p4
Reports on changes in `The Bond Buyer' periodical's municipal bond yield indexes in the United States, for the week ending July 6, 2000. Impact of the decision by the United States Federal Open Market Committee to leave interest rates unchanged; Drop in the 20-bond index of general obligation...
- Impact of fund, management and market characteristics on bond mutual fund performance. Redman, Arnold L.; Gullett, Nell S. // Journal of Asset Management;Mar2007, Vol. 7 Issue 6, p429
The authors examine the factors that influence risk-adjusted returns for bond mutual funds. The data set is divided into two groups: taxable bond funds and municipal bond funds. The factors are grouped into three categories: fund or portfolio characteristics, management-controlled factors, and...