FOMC's Interest Rate Hike, Labor Data Led to Rally and Drop in Yield Indexes
- Investment Commentary. Marosi, James // Grand Rapids Business Journal;7/19/2004, Vol. 22 Issue 30, p28
Focuses on bond investment strategy. Discussion on the purchase of equal dollar amount of bonds; Reinvestment of the maturity value of the bond; Effect of high interest rate on maturing bond.
- Idaho Bond Bank Authority Unveils Its First-Ever Offering. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;11/15/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 32010, p44
Reports on the first-ever deal of Idaho Bond Bank Authority in San Francisco. Citation of the interest rates; Use of bond proceeds to repay loans; Double public purpose of the transaction.
- Three Maryland Agencies Planning Fall Sales Totaling Nearly $200M. Newman, Emily // Bond Buyer;9/23/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31975, p5
Reports on the plan of three Maryland agencies to sell bonds that could total more than $195 million. Amount in advance refunding spurred by attractive interest rates; Development of refunding issue by the Washington Suburban Sanitary Commission, the Maryland Economic Development Corp., and the...
- New Series EE Bonds Subject to Fixed Rate. // Practical Accountant;Jun2005, Vol. 38 Issue 6, p23
The article informs that Series EE Savings Bonds issued on and after May 1,2005, will earn fixed rates of interest. The fixed rate will apply for the 30-year life of each bond, which includes a 10-year extended maturity period, unless a different rate or rate structure is announced and applied...
- Determinants of the Relative Interest Rate Sensitivities of Corporate Bonds. Ogden, Joseph P. // Financial Management (1972);Spring87, Vol. 16 Issue 1, p22
This paper examines the effects of various characteristics on the relative interest rate sensitivity of corporate bonds. These characteristics include default risk, the call option, and the sinking fund. Empirical results indicate that all three characteristics have a strong negative effect on...
- 'Seesawing' Market Stable; Negative Am Loans in Comeback? Sinnock, Bonnie // National Mortgage News;6/27/2005, Vol. 29 Issue 40, p5
Reports on the status of the benchmark mortgage rate and bond yield in the U.S. Decline of the rate-indicative 10-year Treasury bond yield; Effect of mild seesawing on the applications, which declined from their record high on the purchase side and also declined in terms of refinances; Statement...
- Asset Prices and Real Investment in West Germany: Evidence From Vector Autoregressive Models. Funke, M. // Empirical Economics;1989, Vol. 14 Issue 4, p307
A four-variable, a five-variable and a six-variable vector auto regress ion (VAR) is used in the study to test empirically the linkages among changes in money, outstanding public bonds, interest rates, output, real asset prices, and real investment expenditures in West Germany. After estimating...
- Actuarial Pricing of Deposit Insurance. Kerfriden, Christian; Rochet, Jean-Charles // GENEVA Papers on Risk & Insurance - Theory;Dec1993, Vol. 18 Issue 2, p111
Using a pricing formula for options on coupon bonds (Jamshidian . El Karoui and Rochet ) we are able to compute the actuarial pricing of deposit insurance for a commercial bank. Our formula takes into account the maturity structure of the bank's balance sheet, as well as market...
- Grassley Pushing 'Green' Bonds, QZAB Provisions for Energy Bill. Barnett, Susanna Duff // Bond Buyer;11/10/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31758, p1
No abstract available.