Maryland County OK's $160M for Potomac River Project
- Sacramento Power Authority Selling $123 Million Refunding Deal. Kelemen, Jasmina // Bond Buyer;4/6/2005, Vol. 352 Issue 32105, p28
Reports on the sale of revenue bonds from the Sacramento Power Authority in San Francisco, California. Reason for the sale; Significance of the sale for the company; Disclosure of the bond's rating.
- Convention Center Momentum. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;2/3/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32312, p31
The article reports that construction on an expanded Anchorage, Alaska convention center is expected to begin in spring 2006 following the sale of the bonds that will finance the project. According to Anchorage chief financial officer Jeff Sinz, the success of the bond sale is attributed to the...
- Nashville OKs New Convention Center. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;1/21/2010, Vol. 371 Issue 33253, p1
The article reports on the approval of the construction of a new convention center in Nashville, Tennessee. It mentions that the consolidated government leaders have voted for the approval of the Metropolitan Government of Nashville and Davidson County's public works project on January 19, 2010....
- Ohio County Selling $230M Certificates for Cleveland Hilton Hotel. Devitt, Caitlin // Bond Buyer;5/21/2014, Vol. 123 Issue 34113, p1
The article reports that Cuyahoga County, Ohio is selling 231 million dollars of certificates of participation to fund the Hilton Hotel, which is near to downtown convention center complex. Topics discussed include Cleveland-Cuyahoga County Port Authority as issuer of the deal, inclusion of the...
- Authority to Offer Pick for D.C. Convention Center Hotel Site. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;10/18/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 31991, p35
Reports that the Washington, D.C. Convention Center Authority will recommend the location of a convention center hotel that is to be financed with tax-exempt bonds. Authority's recommendation of the financing package; Plans to extend the maturity date of the bonds to 2037; Mayor Anthony...
- A Suburb's Big Deal. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;5/26/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31892, p31
Reports that the village of Schaumburg, Illinois is expected to vote June 2004 on a financing package that will include its largest bond issue ever, about $200 million. Funding of the construction of a convention center and hotel in the Chicago suburb; Selection of Legg Mason Wood Walker Inc. as...
- MARKET STATISTICS. // Bond Buyer;7/31/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31689, p40
Presents information about several types of bonds and securities in the U.S. as of July 31, 2003. Prices of daily and weekly municipal bond indices; Prices of U.S. securities; Graphical comparison of competitive and negotiated bond offerings.
- Munis Weaken on Stronger-Than-Expected Data. William Curran; Scarchilli, Michael // Bond Buyer;5/4/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32374, p2
The article reports on the performance of municipal bonds in the United States on May 3, 2006. The municipal bond market weakened as stronger-than-expected economic data continued to pour into the market. There are concerns that the Federal Open Market Committee will remain on the path to higher...
- MARKET STATISTICS. // Bond Buyer;7/7/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32167, p31
Presents market indicators in the United States, compiled as of July 2005. Short-term tax-exempt yields; Securities prices; Visible supply; Municipal market data general obligation yields; Municipal bond index.