State, Local Officials Press Congress for More Sewer Funds
- USDA Dollars for Rural Water and Wastewater Systems. // New Mexico Business Journal;Oct2006, Vol. 30 Issue 10, p11
The article reports that Lovington, New Mexico will receive a grant and loan package for water delivery and wastewater facility treatment service. The package is a part of a federal aid program that will also benefit rural communities in the state. The key objective of the water deliver and...
- H2O4TEXAS: SENATOR AVERITT'S WATER CONFERENCE A SUCCESS! // TIPRO Target Newsletter;12/21/2009, Vol. 12 Issue 22, p5
The article reports on the activities made to provide a sufficient supply of water for Texas. It states that the water project funds provided by the Texas Legislature are steps toward a larger effort led by State Senator and Senate Natural Resources Chairman Kip Averitt, to secure a permanent...
- USDA ensuring sustainability and quality of America's water supply. // Western Farm Press Exclusive Insight;1/23/2012, p7
The article reports on the plan of the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) to offer grants for research, education and extension efforts to ensure sustainability and quality of water supply. The grants will total 13.4 million U.S. dollars and will be funded by the National Institute of Food...
- D.C. Agency to Ask Congress to Fund Billion-Dollar Sewer Project. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;7/2/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31172, p3
Reports on the Washington, D.C., Water & Sewer Authority's plans to ask for federal funding of a storm sewer project in the district. Possibility of using municipal bonds to finance the project; Details of the project.
- Addressing the Problem of Failing Septic Systems. Putnam, David // WaterWorld;Feb2010, Vol. 26 Issue 2, p32
The article presents the author's views on the efforts of the water work industry and government to address the failing septic and sewer systems in the U.S. According to the author, a portion of the Federal Stimulus package of 2009 has been allocated by the government to the replacement of old...
- Czech water infrastructure gets â‚¬32m. // Utility Week;8/1/2003, Vol. 20 Issue 7, p14
Reports on the grant awarded by the European Commission to the wastewater treatment plant and sewerage system projects in Czechoslovakia. Amount of the grant; Estimated cost of the project; Purpose of the projects.
- MASSACHUSETTS: Water Trust Underwriters. Kaske, Michelle // Bond Buyer;8/25/2008, Vol. 365 Issue 32947, p9
The article reports that Massachusetts Water Pollution Abatement Trust is looking to patch up its senior underwriting pool in prediction of its annual fall new-money deal to help finance water infrastructure throughout the state. Responses to the authority's request for qualifications for...
- VRA Plunging Into SRF Market for Its Largest-Ever Sale. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;5/13/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31883, p32
Reports that the Virginia Resources Authority is preparing to sell as much as $165 million in clean water revenue bonds. Leveraging of the federal capitalization grants provided through the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency's clean water state revolving loan fund; Optimism expressed by Lisa...
- Trinidad receives grant. // Malakoff News (TX);7/28/2006, Vol. 97 Issue 30, p1A
The article reports on the grant received by the town of Trinidad in Texas. The Small Town Environment Program grant amounts to $208,500 can support the maintenance and repair of the sewer lines in the city. The grant was awarded by a state agency concerning on rural issues, research and problems.