Texas' Baylor Healthcare Borrows to Expand
- Southlake becoming HOTBED area's health-care. Graham, A. Lee // Fort Worth Business Press;6/30/2014, Vol. 26 Issue 25, p11
The article mentions the shortage of health care offices in Southlake, Texas and also adds that the Baylor Health Care System and United Surgical Partners are building a hospital to the south of downtown Fort Worth, Texas to help in meeting the demand of patients.
- Programs honored for innovation in palliative and end-of-life care. // AHA News;7/25/2014, Vol. 50 Issue 15, p5
The article announces that Baylor Health Care System Supportive and Palliative Care Services in Texas, Lehigh Valley Health Network in Pennsylvania, and Yakima (WA) Valley Memorial Hospital in Washington have all received the 2014 Circle of Life awards from the American Health Association (AHA).
- Untitled. // Modern Healthcare;12/06/99, Vol. 29 Issue 49, p4
Presents news briefs related to healthcare in the United States as of December 6, 1999. Financial losses of Baylor Health Care System in the fiscal year ended June 30; Appointment of John Guest as chief executive officer of Harris County Hospital District in Houston, Texas; Resignation of Jean...
- Winning Campaigns. Larkin, Maureen // HealthLeaders Magazine;Jan2008, Vol. 11 Issue 1, p50
The article focuses on the winners of the 2007 HealthLeaders Media Marketing Awards. It details the marketing campaign launched by the Fairmont General Hospital in West Virginia. It cites the Women's Health Center campaign launched by the Queen of Peace Hospital in New Prague, Minnesota. The...
- Hospitals, Physicians Team Up to Improve Care and Reduce Costs. Szabo, Joan // H&HN: Hospitals & Health Networks;Mar2010, Vol. 84 Issue 3, p11
The article looks at the strategies of Cascade Healthcare Community in Oregon and Baylor Health Care System in North Texas to improve collaborations with physicians. Baylor physicians and hospitals share a financial incentive to control medical costs and improve patient care. In 2009 Cascade...
- Inside a winning strategy for creating a capital procurement program. Jackson-Finn, Marcia // Healthcare Purchasing News;Dec2003, Vol. 27 Issue 12, p56
Describes the capital procurement program of Baylor Health Care System (BHCS), a non-profit, faith-based healthcare based in Dallas, Texas. Focus of the BHCS capital purchasing team; Strategic objective of BHCS; Annual capital budget average of the system.
- medical records. Patrick, Stephanie // Fort Worth Business Press;2/6/2006, Vol. 19 Issue 6, p7
Presents news briefs related to medical services in Texas as of February 2006. Expansion of Arlington Memorial Hospital; Selection of The Beryl Cos. by Baylor Health Care System to manage its customer-interaction activities, including physician referral and class registration services; Decision...
- Texas weighs action on Baylor. Japsen, Bruce // Modern Healthcare;02/03/97, Vol. 27 Issue 5, p17
Reports that Texas' attorney general is poised to get involved in the proposed merger or sale of Baylor Health Care System of Dallas, Texas, in a deal that is worth well over $1 billion. Who has been hired to conduct an overview of the proposed merger; Assets owned by Baylor; How the system's...
- Baylor wins NQF quality award. // Modern Healthcare;2/11/2008, Vol. 38 Issue 6, p18
The article announces that Baylor Health Care System in Dallas, Texas was named the recipient of the National Quality Forum's 2008 National Quality Healthcare Award.