Scandal Prompts Chicago to Drop Bear Stearns From $500M GO Sale
- Munis Little Changed; Bear Stearns Gets $163M in Retail for N.Y.C. GOs. Chesla, Nicholas; Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;3/16/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31842, p2
Reports the performance of municipal bonds as of March 16, 2004 in the United States. Industrial output; Retail orders received by Bear, Stearns & Co. Inc. on New York City general obligation bonds; Tier of the municipal market.
- SEC Probes Bear Stearns In Chicago. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;10/19/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 31992, p1
Reports on the US Securities and Exchange Commission's investigation of Bear Stearns & Co.'s Chicago, Illinois public finance office. Municipal bond market offering of the company.
- D.C.'s $735 Million GO Sale Leads a Slimmer Slate of $7.5 Billion. Scarchilli, Michael; Campbell, Dakin // Bond Buyer;5/21/2007, Vol. 360 Issue 32633, p6
The article reports on several bond offerings in the New York municipal bond market for the week May 21-28, 2007 that will push an 8% decline in the market volume. The District of Columbia will issue $735 million of general obligation bonds through two series in the competitive market on May 23....
- Illinois, California Deals Top List as Rollover Season Starts. Albano, Christine // Bond Buyer;6/2/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31647, p6
This article focuses on the bonds deals to be issued by various agencies in June 2003 in the U.S. The state of Illinois will be in the spotlight with the largest deal of the week starting June 2, 2003 when it sells a $4 billion general obligation offering through Bear, Stearns & Co. on June 4-5,...
- Bear Stearns Paid Huge Fee to Consultant on Illinois' $10B Deal. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;11/12/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31760, p1
Reports that Bear Stearns & Co. paid Springfield Consulting Group LLC 809,000 dollars for the firm's role in helping the underwriter win the top spot on Illinois' ten billion dollar taxable general obligation pension bond deal. Structure of the bonds.
- Bear Stearns Will Run the Books on S.C. Tobacco Deal. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;11/22/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31023, p3
Reports that South Carolina has chosen Bear Stearns & Co. to run the books on its 800 million dollar tobacco bond sale. Structure of the bonds; Use of the proceeds from the bond sale.
- Bear Stearns Is Wisconsin Book-Runner. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;11/26/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31271, p1
Reports on the selection of the firm Bear, Stearns & Co. out of 25 other firms to structure and market out tobacco bonds early next year as of November 26, 2001. Basis of selection of the firm; Announcement of firms rounding out the underwriting syndicate; Possible inclusions in the transaction.
- Omaha Selects Bear Stearns To Run Its Biggest-Ever Deal. Wisniewski, Mary // Bond Buyer;09/22/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30981, p1
Reports on the appointment of Bear Stearns & Co. as co-senior manager of Omaha, Nebraska's convention center bond issue. Structure of the bonds; Rating of the bonds.
- Pension bonds will highlight Philadelphia's debt re-entry. Hoffman, David // Bond Buyer;11/18/98, Vol. 326 Issue 30523, p1
Announces the re-entry of Philadelphia into the long-term debt market. Volume and value of taxable pension-obligation bonds that it plans to sell; Sale of new-money GO to be managed by lead underwriter Bear Stearns & Co.; Expectations by industry analysts on how bonds will be received by the...