'Radwaste' Debt at Risk?
- Los Angeles DWP Plans To Sell $1.8B. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;8/29/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32206, p1
Reports on the plan of the Los Angeles Department of Water and Power to issue a multimillion-dollar power revenue bonds in California. Purpose of the issuance of bonds; Details of the power bond sales; Underwriters of the transaction.
- Rating Electric Utility Commercial Paper. Peavy III., John W.; Edgar, S. Michael // Journal of Accounting, Auditing & Finance;Winter85, Vol. 8 Issue 2, p125
The research literature has many examples of attempts to classify bond issuers into agency rating categories and to identify the key variables that contribute to bond rating differences. This study extends the classification literature to include public utility commercial paper issuers.
- Finding a place for radwaste. // Utility Week;7/6/2007, Vol. 27 Issue 15, p16
The article presents news briefs relevant to the British public utility industry. The government has begun a consultation exercise on the way in which it will choose a site for the long-term disposal of higher activity radioactive waste. National Grid suggests that there should be sufficient...
- IRS Closes Audit of $217M of Bonds Issued by Grant County, Wash. Schroeder, Peter // Bond Buyer;3/7/2008, Vol. 363 Issue 32831, p36
The article reports that the U.S. Internal Revenue Service (IRS) has closed its audit of $217.3 million of electric system revenue and refunding bonds sold by Public Utility District No.2. The closing of the audit was revealed by the district in a material event notice. According to the letter...
- QUESTIONS OVER FUNDING FOR NUCLEAR EXPANSION. // Professional Engineering;Oct2011, Vol. 24 Issue 10, p8
The article states that public and government support will be required to construct nuclear plants and utilities will pay for these plants if their income is guaranteed by the government. As stated, utilities could gain huge profits if they pay for the plants during the power purchase agreement...
- NEWS. // Utility Week;11/8/2002, Vol. 18 Issue 19, p4
Presents updates on public utilities as of November 2002. Plan of Centrica to sell its liquefied petroleum gas business to DCC; Report of the British Department of Trade and Industry on the global offshore renewable energy market; Move of the British Environment Agency to issue authorizations...
- Carbon dip hits power prices. // Utility Week;5/12/2006, Vol. 25 Issue 11, p12
The article covers issues related to public utilities in Europe as of May 12, 2006. The price of carbon dioxide emissions allowances declined 65 percent due to figures released by many European states showing they emitted less carbon dioxide than expected. An analysis of Scottish Water's...
- EUROPEAN NEWS. // Utility Week;3/3/2006, Vol. 25 Issue 2, p11
The article offers news briefs on public utilities in Europe as of February 2006. The legality of a German tax exemption for nuclear operators to help them dispose of irradiated fuel and waste under the European Union law was agreed by the Court of First Insurance of the European Court of...
- Prime Ministers and questions. // Utility Week;11/7/2003, Vol. 20 Issue 19, p35
Presents news and information concerning public utilities in Great Britain as of November 7, 2003. Formation of the Committee on Radioactive Waste Management; Views of Member of Parliament Michael Howard on windfarms; Survey of North West England's heroes.