Vendors Look for VOD Improvements
- Techies unveil New IP Products at Western Show. // Multichannel News;12/9/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 49, p66
Reports on several products based on the Internet Protocol introduced by technology vendors at a trade show for cable television networks in the U.S. as of December 2002. Technology companies that displayed their products in the show; Features of the products displayed by them; Benefits of...
- Digital Set-Top Boxes: Take Your Pick. Brown, Karen // Multichannel News;3/4/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 9, p8A
Reports the services offered by cable operators on video-on-demand (VOD) in boxes in the United States. Features of the Broadband Media Center 8000; Deployment of the Charter system of VOD; Internet services on the digital platform.
- Power to the :30. Frey, Barry // MediaWeek;2/2/2009, Vol. 19 Issue 5, special section p2
The author offers opinions on television advertising. The introduction of technological innovations such as video on demand and interactive television on cable television systems are said to be a means whereby the traditional 30-second television commercial can regain its past marketing...
- Artel puts cable first in new VOD transport line. // CED;Jun2003, Vol. 29 Issue 6, p20
Reports on Artel Video Systems' video-on-demand (VOD) products to support cable networks. Gigabit Ethernet technology of the VOD product; System design; Artel's plan to launch the system at the National Cable Show.
- New products. // CED;Aug2000, Vol. 26 Issue 8, p98
Introduces various telecommunication equipment and supplies. Radiant Communications Inc.'s Series V3000 family of MPEG-compliant encoders and decoders; Philips Electronics' Migra compact amplifiers; ADC's Uniworx platform for cable television. INSET: 1550 nm supertrunk.
- New products. // CED;Mar2000, Vol. 26 Issue 3, p112
Features products for the cable television industry. Includes a fiber optic multiplexer; Optical fiber connectors; High definition television receiver box.
- Report: Better cable boxes key to subscribers' hearts. Grossman, Andrew // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;5/7/2002, Vol. 373 Issue 17, p4
Reports the need to develop advanced digital set-top boxes for cable industry subscribers in New Orleans, Louisiana. Features of the advanced digital cable boxes; Advantages of advanced cable boxes; Impact of advanced services on competition.
- Box Competitors Chip Away at Duopoly. Brown, Karen // Multichannel News;12/9/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 49, p15A
Discusses the status of the market for cable set-top boxes for high definition television in the U.S. as of December 2002. Existing market competitors that provide these equipment; Market share commanded by them; Volumes of the boxes manufactured by these companies.
- Cable and computers will compare notes in Calif. Scully, Sean // Broadcasting & Cable;10/18/93, Vol. 123 Issue 42, p34
Reports on the mass demonstration of cable-related computer products by different companies at the Western Cable Show from December 1-3, 1993 in Anaheim. Use of the asynchronous transfer mode technology; Interoperability issues; Demonstrations orchestrated by CableLabs.