- Revved up over what's on the box. // Autosport;8/22/2013, p101
A personal narrative is presented which explores the author's experience of buying a smart television (TV) with a BT Sport subscription.
- 'Everyone Knows Jimmy'. Grossman, Ben // Broadcasting & Cable;12/3/2007, Vol. 137 Issue 48, p20
The article presents a profile of television executive Jim Burnette, Vice President in charge of advertising sales for Fox Sports. Burnette will retire at the end of 2007 after a 40-year career in television advertising sales. He recalls taking his first job with ABC in 1966 because it offered...
- Media Stars To Be Feted. // Broadcasting & Cable;10/18/2004, Vol. 134 Issue 42, p13
Provides information on the 14th Annual Broadcasting & Cable Hall of Fame Awards Dinner to be held at the Waldorf-Astoria hotel in New York on November 8, 2004. Recognition to be given to sports program "SportsCenter" on ESPN; List of indusry executives who will be inducted into the Hall of Fame.
- NINE NOT IN V8 TV RACE. FOGARTY, MARK // Australian Auto Action;8/29/2012, Issue 1506, p3
The article reports that the television rights for the V8 Supercars racing event are still open, with Channel Seven and Ten as the main contenders. According to a report, Channel Nine had made a big offer that included showing at least four races live. Nine Network Managing Director Jeff Browne...
- Zenkel will captain NBC Olympics team. Dempsey, John // Daily Variety;12/1/2005, Vol. 289 Issue 44, p6
The article reports on the promotion of Gary Zenkel to the newly-created post of president of NBC Olympics by NBC Sports in the U.S. The management recognized the role of Zenkel in securing the media rights to the 2010 Winter Olympics and the 2012 Summer Games. In the new job, Zenkel will...
- Love of Sports Leads to ESPN. Hibberd, James // Television Week;9/6/2004, Vol. 23 Issue 36, p16
Profiles Mark Shapiro, executive vice president of programming and production at ESPN cable television network. Educational background of Shapiro; Challenge faced by Shapiro in television programming; Sports series produced by Shapiro; Reason for the production of the scripted series "Playmakers."
- Advertising Goals at Fox Soccer Channel. Reynolds, Mike // Multichannel News;9/15/2008, Vol. 29 Issue 36, p36
The article reports on the inclusion of Fox Soccer Channel (FSC) to the rating survey of Nielsen Media Research Inc. effective October 1, 2008 in the U.S. The network specializes in soccer such as the Major League, England's Barclays Premier League and Argentine First Division. Executive vice...
- Graphics, gadgets grow up. Levine, Stuart // Daily Variety;12/17/2003, Vol. 281 Issue 52, pA1
Focuses on the improvement of technology used by Fox Sports in television sports broadcasting. Reaction of viewers to the new graphics; Difficulty in understanding criticism; Improvement in the hockey telecast.
- First and 10. Frankel, Daniel // Daily Variety;12/17/2003, Vol. 281 Issue 52, pA1
Highlights the celebration of the 10th year anniversary for Fox Sports. History of Fox Sports; Benefit of the National Football Conference broadcast to Fox Sports; Percentage of increase in viewership.