Burke Rises To COO at Comcast
- Comcast Pared to 5 Divisions. // Multichannel News;11/10/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 45, p37
Reports on the move of Comcast Corp. to reorder its cable operations on November 7, 2003. Details on the leadership of Steve Burke; Acquisition of AT&T Broadband; Personnel changes in the company.
- Comcast cobble ad aid under single Spotlight. Dempsey, John // Daily Variety;2/3/2004, Vol. 282 Issue 26, p7
Reports on the advertiser-sales blueprint drawn up by Comcast Corp. in the U.S. Potential of the strategy to double its advertising revenues; Goal of the operator to make it easy for an advertiser to buy time on cable; Statement issued by Comcast Cable president Steve Burke.
- FREE VOD BOOSTS COMCAST. Dempsey, John // Daily Variety;9/21/2006, Vol. 292 Issue 56, p2
The article reports that Comcast Corp. has got double digit profit in 2006 because of the large amounts of free video-on-demand (VOD) programming and $99-a-month triple-play offering of video, voice and data. Steve Burke, president-chief operating officer of Comcast, feels that VOD and triple...
- PEOPLE & CALENDAR. // Multichannel News;8/1/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 31, p46
Presents an update on executives and events in the television broadcasting industry in the U.S. as of August 1, 2005. Appointment of Sue Rynn at Comcast Corp.; Promotion of Sean Cocchia at Disney Channel Worldwide; Dates set for the 2006 Winter Educational Conference of the National Cable...
- Giving the cable industry something to gush about. Wallace, David J. // America's Network;2/15/95, Vol. 99 Issue 4, p36
Profiles Comcast Corp., a cable television company based in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Segments of the telecommunication industry which Comcast is involved in; Comcast Metrophone as a cellular operator owned by the company; Business and management strategies used; Marketing; Joint ventures...
- Comcast's thePlatform reaches for cloud with Virtual TV Framework. // CED;Oct2013, Vol. 39 Issue 10, p31
The article reports that Comcast Corp.'s thePlatform has launched its Virtual TV Framework, which allows cable service providers to replicate their 24-hour, live, linear programming and video on demand (VOD) television services via the cloud.
- Comcast to start new minority-owned cable channels. // Chicago Citizen - South End Edition;2/29/2012, Vol. 45 Issue 4, p4
The article reports that Comcast Corp. has announced the launch of its four minority-owned networks for its cable-television systems.
- C3 stepping out with a capital idea. Flint, Joe // Variety;03/17/97, Vol. 366 Issue 7, p25
Looks at developments concerning cable firm Comcast Corp.'s programming division Comcast Content and Communication (CCC) in the United States. CCC as majority owner of cable network E! Entertainment Television; Rich Frank as chairman of CCC; Structuring of CCC as a venture capital firm; Ability...
- Comcast faces service hassles in Detroit. Estrella, Joe // Multichannel News;01/31/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 5, p10
Reports on the problems being faced by Comcast Corp. in Detroit, Michigan. Service problems and possible financial penalties; Default on service standards on cable franchise.