RCN Launches Music Service
- RCN SELLS N.J. SYSTEM FOR $245 MIL. Amdur, Meredith // Daily Variety;8/28/2002, Vol. 276 Issue 61, p2
Focuses on alternative television and telecommunication service provider RCN Corp.'s selling of a central New Jersey cable system to a private equity firm. Value of the deal.
- RCN Gives Up On Philly Overbuild. Hogan, Monica // Multichannel News;02/19/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 8, p10
Reports that Princeton, New Jersey-based cable television company RCN Corp. has cancelled its plan to overbuild a cable system in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, as of February 19, 2001. Company's withdrawal of its application for a cable license from the city council.
- RCN cooks a deal Chicago deal. Higgins, John // Broadcasting & Cable;02/07/2000, Vol. 130 Issue 6, p50
Reports that RCN Corp. received an approval to provide bundled cable television services in 22 towns in Cook County, Illinois.
- RCN LAUNCHES MEGAMODEM HIGHSPEED INTERNET SERVICE IN CA. // Modem Users News;Aug2002, pN.PAG
Reports that RCN Corporation has launched a high-speed Internet service called MegaModem in its San Francisco and Los Angeles markets in California in 2002. Description of the MegaModem; Discussion of how RCN customers can subscribe to the MegaModem service; Details of the operations of RCN.
- RCN: The beast of the East bears more fangs. // CED;Mar2000, Vol. 26 Issue 3, p18
Reports that RCN Corp. won an Open Video System franchise to provide bundled telephone, high-speed and cable television services to customers in Jersey City, New Jersey.
- RCN says video is the big driver. Farrell // Multichannel News;11/29/99, Vol. 20 Issue 49, p56
Reports on the move of cable, telecommunications and Internet provider RCN Corp. to focus on a buildout strategy that will add 20 markets in the United States by 2001. Emphasis on refining the Resilink bundled cable and telecommunications rollout and expanding test markets; Launch of markets;...
- Technology Changes Enable Direct-Response Cable. Salzinger, Steve // Multichannel News;10/7/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 40, p57
Comments on the effect of customers on the evolution of the cable television industry in the U.S. Complexity on the acquisition of permission for the sale of inflexible systems to customers; Difficulty of software and marketing partners to monetize customers; Marketing strategy used by cable TV...
- Cable connections. Royal, Leslie E.; Brown, Monique R. // Black Enterprise;Sep2001, Vol. 32 Issue 2, p193
Deals with the payments of consumers of digital cable channels in the United States. Benefits of having a cable or digital satellite service; Recommendations for consumers.
- Quebec's MusiMax fills adult niche. LeBlanc, Larry // Billboard;07/18/98, Vol. 110 Issue 29, p58
Focuses on the adult-oriented video station MusiMax. How the network is becoming an important asset in marketing music in the Canadian province of Quebec; When MusiMax was launched; The artists whom MusiMax is credited with boosting; MusiMax as instrumental in boosting international acts;...