Time Shift Boosts 'Schmo'
- Clicks. // Television Week;4/16/2007, Vol. 26 Issue 16, p10
The article presents statistics regarding television advertising in the U.S. 53 percent of online television (TV) viewers are more likely to watch advertisements than live TV viewers. The increase in ad recall for online TV viewers compared to live TV viewers is four times higher. A typical...
- WHEN THE SH*T HITS THE FAN. Grimm, Matthew // American Demographics;Dec2003/Jan2004, Vol. 25 Issue 10, p42
Comments on the prevalence of profanity in television (TV) programs in the U.S. Percentage of men and women in the U.S. who curse in public; Role of the TV audience in the popularity of more vulgar programming; Relationship between art and the real world.
- PRISON DRAMA PIZAZZ. // Daily Variety;1/18/2012, Vol. 314 Issue 13, p4
The article reports that the television program "Alcatraz" aired on Fox has ranked second in audience participation during its premiere on January 16, 2012 in the U.S.
- Nielsen's top 10 syndicated TV programs. // MediaWeek;11/14/94, Vol. 4 Issue 44, Culture Trends p1
Lists the top ten syndicated television programs in the United States for the week ending October 30, 1994. Ranking; Program; Rating; Stations; Coverage.
- Nets try 'stunts' to grab viewers. Walley, Wayne // Advertising Age;9/10/1990, Vol. 61 Issue 37, p88
Focuses on the strategies used by television networks in the U.S. in an effort to attract viewers for the television programs to be launched in September 1990. Title of the programs to be launched; Issues concerning program scheduling; Promotional efforts for the new programs.
- Anything goes when nets do spring cleaning. Richmond, Ray // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;5/20/2003, Vol. 378 Issue 37, p19
Presents a list of U.S. television programs that belong to what the author calls â€œOh puh-leeze!â€ season. As anyone who has followed television for very long can tell, there are several seasons in television broadcasting, namely fall season, midseason, pilot season and â€œOh...
- Nielsen's top 10 syndicated TV programs. // MediaWeek;6/5/95, Vol. 5 Issue 23, p30
Presents Nielsen's Syndication Service's ranking of the top syndicated television programs in the United States for the week ending May 21, 1995. Includes `Wheel of Fortune'; `Jeopardy'; `Oprah Winfrey Show.'
- TV Land grooves to 'Soul' // Daily Variety;6/22/2012, Vol. 315 Issue 58, p6
The article reports on the premiere of the television program "The Soul Man" on TV Land which brought in 1.9 million viewers in the U.S.
- Wizard RATINGS. Robbins, Stephanie // Television Week;3/19/2007, Vol. 26 Issue 12, p18
A list of the top television shows in the U.S. for the week of March 5-11, 2007 is presented. Television shows mentioned include "American Idol," "Heroes," "Deal or No Deal" and "Las Vegas." Also included are "Numb3rs," "Cops 2" and "48 Hours Mystery." Data is given for total viewers and...