Hoping for a Summer Repeat
- The September Almanac: Arts & Letters. Bennett, Dianne // Atlantic;Sep95, Vol. 276 Issue 3, p18
The article reports on the release of the first of three annual reports on violence in television entertainment programming in the United States. The University of California at Los Angeles (UCLA) Center for Communication Policy conducted the research, which was funded by the three major...
- 'Manny'wood. // Hollywood Reporter Weekend Edition;8/21/2009, Vol. 411 Issue 9, p4
The article reports that Disney Channel's prime daytime television programs "Handy Manny," and "Mickey Mouse Clubhouse," are going to be telecast during prime time. The channel is preparing two specials to premiere in October 2009 which include "Handy Manny Motorcycle Adventure," and the...
- What's best for the children isn't biz's concern. Lowry, Brian // Variety;3/10/2008, Vol. 410 Issue 4, p13
The article presents the opinion that notions about family hour television and shielding kids from inappropriate content are no longer feasible in today's diverse television landscape. The author discusses children's programming, the legislative area of control, and the diversity of television...
- Video description returns. Martin, Harry C. // Broadcast Engineering;Nov2011, Vol. 53 Issue 11, p20
The article reports on the return of video description in the U.S. It states that the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) adopted rules that require video description for the hearing impaired. It provides an overview of the most important part of the rules such as a provision of 50 hours per...
- Disney-led coalition pushing PTAR repeal. Jessell, Harry A. // Broadcasting & Cable;6/20/94, Vol. 124 Issue 25, p35
Reports on the campaign for the repeal of the prime time access rule's (PTAR) off-network prohibition. Formation of Disney-led Coalition to Enhance Diversity; CBS, Fox, NBC and affiliates of big three networks as members; Opposition by syndicators King World, Viacom and Group W and Fox affiliates.
- The High Def evolution is ready to walk upright. Kerschbaumer, Ken // TVB Europe;Sep2003, Vol. 12 Issue 9, p16
Reports on the evolution of high definition television (HDTV) in the U.S. and Europe. Launch of HDTV services among the cable networks; Introduction of HD tier by DirecTV; Improvement of the prime time programming.
- ABC plots makeover. Wallenstein, Andrew // Daily Variety;5/16/2011, Vol. 311 Issue 30, p1
The article reports on the big changes planned by ABC Television Network for its prime time programs in the U.S. after adopting new drama and comedy shows in 2011.
- November Was Cable's Month. Reynolds, Mike // Multichannel News;12/2/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 48, p5
Reports on the growth made by prime time cable television shows in November 2002. Efforts made by broadcasters to launch special programs; Performance comparison of television shows in November 2002 to shows in October 2002; Information about important television channels.
- A Comparison of Children's and Prime-Time Fine-Print Advertising Disclosure Practices. Muehling, Darrel D.; Kolbe, Richard H. // Journal of Advertising;Fall98, Vol. 27 Issue 3, p37
The authors compare the fine-print disclosures in children's Saturday morning television commercials with disclosures in prime-time commercials aimed at more mature audiences. The prevalence of fine-print disclosures in the two venues is compared, as well as the placement, duration, and...