Samuels: VOD's Part of TV One's Menu
- Will Good Times Roll for TV One? Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;1/19/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 3, p3
Reports on the launch of the TV One cable television (TV) station in the U.S. on January 19, 2003. Number of analog subscribers secured by TV One; Role of Comcast Corp. in the TV network; Percentage of digital-cable penetration among African-American viewers.
- Comcast's NBC news... Cox's sixth ESPN HD market... TWC Ohio does DVR... Insight VOD plays in Peoria... Microsoft's IPG... Brady, Shirley // Cable World (10427228);5/12/2003, Vol. 15 Issue 19, p11
Presents updates on the cable television industry in the U.S. as of May 2003. Improvements in the video-on-demand service of Comcast; Plans of Cox Northern Virginia for the launch of the ESPN high-definition sports channel; Information on the video-on-demand service launched by Insight...
- Comcast an Early 'Sleeper' Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;10/24/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 44, p6
Focuses on the subscription video-on-demand (VOD) service being offered by Comcast Corp. via cable television network Showtime in the U.S. Inclusion of a proprietary Internet video package in the VOD arrangement; Television programs featured on VOD; Advantages of the service.
- Fox News Is in Business With Comcast. // Multichannel News;11/13/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 45, p28
The article reports on the deal between Fox News Channel and cable operator Comcast Corp. in the U.S. Comcast will offer Fox News' business channel to its digital subscribers. The business channel would be available to 12 million Comcast subscribers. The business channel would also have...
- Comcast Cites Hispanic Gains. Stilson, Janet // Multichannel News;4/11/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 15, p24
Deals with the performance of the Hispanic-American package of channels offered by Comcast Corp. in April 2005. Number of subsciribers in the package; Forecast of the growth of its Hispanic American customer base; Factors that contributed to the efficient performance of the Hispanic packages of...
- Tech speeds to SVOD. Grotticelli, Michael // Broadcasting & Cable;06/18/2001, Vol. 131 Issue 26, p26
Reports on cable television networks' announcement of subscription video-on-demand (SVOD) models that will allow consumers in the United States to access television programs as many times as they want for a monthly fee. SVOD technology's demand for more storage capacity, faster operation and...
- Movies Lead, All Other Follow. Figler, Andrea // Cable World (10427228);10/28/2002, Vol. 14 Issue 40, p44
Reports on the role of motion pictures in the evolution and popularity of video-on-demand (VOD) cable and satellite services in the U.S. Significance of VOD units to the cable television industry; Popularity of movies to on-demand consumers; Cable networks that are expanding their content for...
- Outdoor Channel Gets Into VOD Next. Moss, Linda // Multichannel News;6/20/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 25, p6
Focuses on the plan of independent programmer Outdoor Channel to launch a video-on-demand (VOD) offering in the U.S. Preparations of the company in entering the VOD market; Benefits of VOD service to be provided by the company to audiences; Estimated number of subscribers of the network.
- Targeting With VOD. Whitney, Daisy // Television Week;6/9/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 23, p10
Presents updates on the convergence of video on demand (VOD) technology and one-to-one advertising in the cable television industry the U.S. as of June 9, 2003. Plan of VOD technology providers to test targeted advertisement insertion into a VOD stream; Information on advertisement targeting;...