LocalToolbox Nets NCTC Deal
- IFC boosting subs by at least 5 mil. Dempsey, John // Daily Variety;05/08/2001, Vol. 271 Issue 49, p15
Reports the cable-carriage agreements of Chuck Dolan's Independent Film Channel with Time Warner Cable, Adelphia Communications and Paul Allen's Charter Communications in the United States.
- Israel: Russian spoken here. Levy, Sasha // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;8/14/2001, Vol. 369 Issue 29, p44
Reports the acceptance of bids to operate a Russian-language cable channel by Council for Cable and Satellite Broadcasting in Tel-Aviv, Israel. Plan of Nash Canal to invest and broadcast in cable channel; Commitment of Vash Tele-Canal for investment of eight hours broadcasting; Details on the...
- Cable Ops Should Consider the Outsource. Bradner, Larry // Multichannel News;03/27/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 13, p57
Asserts that cable operators in the United States, should consider outsourcing their services to keep pace with the changes in the cable market. Challenges that cable operators face in the complex interactive marketplace; Expense to retaining the ownership of the service function; Future of the...
- Armstrong Beats Bushes for Suitors. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;8/13/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 33, p2
Focuses on the search of chairman C. Michael Armstrong for bidders for their AT&T Broadband cable unit. Possible alliance between Walt Disney Co. and AT&T Broadband; Lists of possible bidders; Conditions in the deal on AT&T Broadband.
- Cable Makes Advances Into CLECs' Wake. Weinschenk, Carl // Multichannel News;12/3/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 49, p18
Reports on the advancement of the cable television industry on the failure of the competitive local exchange carriers in the United States. Benefits of the industry on the maturation of cable's infrastructure; Elements differentiating cable companies from classic competitive access providers.
- Cable in the classroom celebrates 10 years of service. // T H E Journal;Oct99, Vol. 27 Issue 3, p26
Focuses on the anniversary celebration of the organization Cable in the Classroom. Cable service and access to educational programming provided by the organization to schools in the United States; Members; Training for teachers.
- A name change to avoid confusion. Marchand, Nolan // Broadcasting & Cable;05/03/99, Vol. 129 Issue 19, p39
Reports that the Small Cable Business Association will change its name to American Cable Association in the United States.
- Basic Cable Charges Past Broadcast in April. Reynolds, Mike // Multichannel News;5/6/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 18, p12
Reports the increase in the household primetime rating of basic cable in the U.S. Percentage on the rating of basic cable; Market share of the cable industry; Analysis of Nielsen Media Research data by Cable television Advertising Bureau.
- Little Ops Say the Squeeze Is On. Haugsted, Linda // Multichannel News;5/6/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 18, p74
Reports the operation of the Organization of Programming Extortion Companies in the U.S. Launching of video-on-demand or interactive television by content providers; Negative consequence of the increase in programming cost; Business model of small-system cable operators.