D.C. Suburb Eyes Standards for HSI
- Mounting the home-based customer on the Net. Flanigan, James // Indianapolis Business Journal;5/20/96, Vol. 17 Issue 9, p10B
Focuses on the technical breakthrough brought by modems to cable television companies. Expansion of ability to access the Internet; Impact on stock markets; Investments of cable companies.
- Access Ruling Settles Little. Hearn, Ted // Multichannel News;10/13/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 41, p3
Reports on the ruling of the U.S. Court of Appeals requiring cable operators to open their lines to competing Internet-service providers. Reaction of cable operators on the ruling; Plans of the cable operators to appeal against the ruling; Remarks from several cable industry executives on the issue.
- Cable Has to Like 'Brand X' Case Chances. Hearn, Ted // Multichannel News;1/3/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 1, p8
Discusses the ruling on a broadband policy dispute between cable television networks and Internet service providers in the U.S. Significance of the U.S. 9th Circuit of Court of Appeals to the ruling on the case; Implications of the ruling for cable-modem rates in the country; Importance of the...
- The future will be faster still. Jenkinson, Michael // Alberta Report / Newsmagazine;12/02/96, Vol. 23 Issue 51, p24
Focuses on the explosive growth of the Internet in 1996. Videotron, Shaw, Rogers, and other Canadian cable companies touting their ultra high-speed Internet access; The growing number of Internet service providers (ISP) offering lower-than-ever rates; How the companies plan to offer Internet...
- Ops Encourage the Do-It-Yourselfers. Hogan, Monica // Multichannel News;12/04/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 49, p78
Reports the launch of self-installation option for cable modems and digital set-top boxes in the United States. Implication for digital cable and Internet access deployment by multi-system operators; Impact on professional installers; Plan of Comcast Corp. to market Comcast@Home installation...
- Cable options expand. Nobel, Carmen // PC Week;05/25/98, Vol. 15 Issue 21, p3
Reports on developments in the cable modem industry as of May 25, 1998. Work on the Data Over Cable Service Interface Specification (DOCSIS) cable modem standard which will allow cable operators to bill customers based on usage; How prices are expected to be impacted; Vendors developing...
- Enterprise makes cable connection. Korzeniowski, Paul // PC Week;08/03/98, Vol. 15 Issue 31, p84
Focuses on cable modems in 1998. The promise of higher access speeds at lower prices than dial-up connections; Projections for cable modem sales from The Strategis Group Inc.; Efforts by cable suppliers to update their infrastructure to support two-way communications; How the cost of the...
- DOCSIS Cable Modem. // Network Dictionary;2007, p159
A definition of the term "DOCSIS Cable Modem" in networking is presented. It refers to a cable modem based on the Data Over Cable Service Interface Specification (DOCSIS) standards that connects to the Internet through television cable network from homes.
- Ode to the cable guy. O'Shea., Dan // Telephony;9/9/96, Vol. 231 Issue 11, p36
Reports on the problems commonly encountered by customers of cable television companies in the United States. Chicago Cable TV; Customer service.