OpenTV, Walt Disney Settle ITV Spat
- Pipeline Profile: Jim Chiddix. // CT's Pipeline;10/16/2007, p5
The article profiles Jim Chiddix, vice chairman of OpenTV. Chiddix's recent affiliations are the Symmetricom and Vyyo titles. His vice chairmanship of the OpenTV board was preceded by an earlier, successful stint as chief executive officer (CEO) of that interactive television software company....
- Chiddix in charge. // CED;Jul2004, Vol. 30 Issue 7, p58
Interviews Jim Chiddix, chief executive officer of cable television network OpenTV, about the company. Evolution of video-over-digital subscriber line; Firm's domestic strategy; Introduction of an OpenCable Application Platform OnRamp software.
- HAWAIIN DREAM COME TRUE. // Multichannel News;12/20/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 51, p6
Reports on the completion of coffee-table book "Next Stop Honolulu!," written by Jim Chiddix, chairman and chief executive officer of OpenTV. Subject of the book; Remarks from Chiddix on his book.
- Chiddix Sees Potential in Open TV. Donohue, Steve // Multichannel News;3/29/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 13, p8
Reports on the appointment of Jim Chiddix as executive chairman at OpenTV Corp. Expected contributions of Chiddix to OpenTV; Views of Chiddix on the impact of the acquisition of DirecTV Inc. by News Corp. on OpenTV; Statement of Chiddix on competition in cable TV.
- The Disney Fetish. // Time;8/9/1971, Vol. 98 Issue 6, p18
The article offers information on a poster depicting several Walt Disney Co.'s characters including Seven Dwarfs, Snow White, Goofy, Minnie Mouse, Cinderella and a naked Tinker Bell. Seeing the poster, Disney's lawyers have filed suit in Chicago, Chicago federal court against 18 defendants,...
- Disney May Send Viewers on Digital Scavenger Hunt. Wagner, Holly J. // Home Media Retailing;12/18/2005, Vol. 27 Issue 51, p4
The article presents information on a media player system to be introduced by Walt Disney Co. in the U.S. market in December 2005. The concept of the device, as well as its features and capabilities, is described in detail. An overview of the patent application for the system is presented. Some...
- Disney and Kudelski Group ink patent license agreement. // Indiantelevision.com;4/29/2015, p21
The article reports on the multi-year patent license deal signed by the Kudelski Group with The Walt Disney Co. in April 2015.
- Disney licenses characters for healthful foods in U.K. Hall, Emma // Advertising Age;6/19/2006, Vol. 77 Issue 25, p14
The article reports that Disney is licensing healthful-food options in British supermarkets in an effort to help banish the memory of its 10-year association with McDonald's Corp. Tesco, the biggest supermarket chain in Great Britain, is selling Winnie the Pooh satsumas, with collectible...
- Disney, former executives settle differences. // Buffalo Law Journal;7/14/2005, Vol. 77 Issue 56, p4
Reports on the decision of Roy Disney and Stanley Gold, former Walt Disney Co. executives, to drop a lawsuit against the company and its shareholders as of July 2005. Allegations of Disney and Gold against the board members of Walt Disney; Reason for the resignation of Disney in 2003; Agreement...